Sr Security Software Engineer
The Sr Security Software Engineer is a Full Stack application developer who will be designing and developing security products for our members and new security tools and technologies to enhance the security posture of the business. This individual will play a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle and will work cross functionally with the company's infrastructure, security, data warehouse, and other development teams.
Key areas: Cryptography, encryption, authentication, authorization
The Day to Day
- Build and implement front-end web applications and back-end services that integrate with other products.
- Interact with customers.
- Validate requirements and system design.
- Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- Ensure code paths are unit tested and defect free.
- Participate in full integration testing.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
- Strong grounding in information security principles
- Secure coding practices and familiarity with OWASP
- Secure design and familiarity with IEEE Center for Secure Design
- Understanding of crypto technologies and methods
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
Are We a Match
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of system development experience using a variety of the following technologies:
- J2EE Technologies: JSP / Servlets, EJB3, JMS, JDBC, JMX, JMS
- Web Services: SOA, XML, XSL, SOAP, REST, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Application Design: Model-View-Controller (MVC), Object Oriented, RESTful services / APIs
- Data-Layer Development: MySQL, NoSQL (Redis, Elasticache), ORM
- Expertise in at least one of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, and/or any functional language
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, asset pipelines)
- Solid understanding of Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Proven track record in developing high quality, performant, and maintainable applications
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
- Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance)
Preferred Qualifications (Bonus):
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing software systems in Java, C, C++, Python, and/or Ruby, including experience designing security solutions for web applications and services.
- Significant experience in web applications
- A history of open-source contribution
- Passion for security, and a deep technical understanding of complex systems.
- Frameworks: Spring, Struts, Wicket, Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, MEAN.js, Meteor.js
We fuel unlimited growth, by providing future-forward business insight, customer engagement expertise and technical solutions that help businesses and people go further, faster. When someone has a good idea, we make it fly!
Launch Consulting, founded in 1995, is one of the largest privately held custom software development firms on the West Coast, Launch Consulting's talent team possesses an unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise to solve its client's most complex business problems with technology solutions across the following practice areas: Custom Software Development, IT Networking and Technical Staffing.
Mountain View, CA
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:08:53 PST