HCM Business System Analyst
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position exists to assist developers and the HCM Systems Team with analysis, configuration, testing, implementation and troubleshooting of application issues within HCM. The position is responsible for assisting with functional design specifications and test plans. This position will work with multiple modules within the HCM System and users on gathering all business requirements for customizations and functional configuration.
Business System Analysts works with groups such as:
- Application Managers
- Developers within UIS, Oracle Support, HCM, and FSCM
- Employee Services staff
- Production support
- Project management
- Warehouse team
- Campus Users
- Desktop Support
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
- Troubleshooting and Analyzing of Data and Application Issues within the HCM System (10%).
- Writing of functional design documents for customizations (10%)
- Writing of test plans (15%)
- Working with users and application managers to gather all necessary business requirements for customizations (5%)
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all functional documents associated with any HCM system (5%)
- Completing regression testing for all system customizations (15%)
- Completing smoke testing for PUM/Selective Adoption and PeopleTools Upgrades (10%)
- Provide coverage for modules in the absence of the application manager (5%)
- Detailed analysis of HCM release notes and detailed impact analysis (5%)
- Assisting with communication of release notes to the HCM Community (5%)
- Assisting with vendor management of the module (5%)
- Performs system analysis, program specification, systems development, and support during planned and unplanned maintenance windows (5%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned (5%)
Supervision Received and Exercised
This position is supervised by an Application Manager on the HCM Systems Team.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary:The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
This position will require some travel between campuses within the state of Colorado.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis)
- Two (2) years' experience working in a higher education, government or non-profit environment
- Knowledge of higher education business processes
- One (1) year SQL experience using a tool such as TOAD or SQL Developer
- One (1) year experience working within a PeopleSoft application
- One (1) year experience with PeopleSoft upgrades and PUM/Selective adoption cycles
- Knowledge with HCM Core, Benefits, and Time & Labor related modules and/or business processes such as benefits administration, base benefits, position management, benefits administration, time & labor, workforce administration, profile management, or other employee lifecycle processes
- Experience testing software customizations
- Experience supporting multiple applications
- Ability to work effectively on concurrent testing projects
- Experience writing test plans
- Experience using PeopleTools Testing Framework (PTF) tool
- Experience with PeopleTools versions 8.54+ and PeopleTools such as PS Query, Approval Workflow Engine, Related Content, etc.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM application version 9.2
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Thursday, April 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 20, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by April 20, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Mar 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732158