Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, Clinical Title Series
The Department of Psychiatry at the University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine is seeking a residency-trained, board certified/board eligible Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. The successful candidate must be committed to excellence in clinical care as well as teaching, administration, and professional development. Preferred experience includes previous experience in providing psychiatric services, as well as experience in teaching medical students, residents, and other health professionals. Academic rank is dependent upon the candidate's experience and qualifications.
This position will be instrumental to provide a wide range of psychiatric services to adults at Eastern State Hospital, managed by UK Healthcare. This new 300,000 square foot, 239 bed facility, which opened in September 2013, offers an extensive range of inpatient mental health services to adults living within the 50 counties surrounding and including Fayette County. Eastern State Hospital provides recovery-focused, individualized care in a supportive environment that features the latest in mental health treatment. To learn more about Eastern State Hospital, visit the website at http://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/ESH/
The Department of Psychiatry at the University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine strives to provide the highest level of patient care, innovative educational programs, active research in mental illness and advocacy throughout the state of Kentucky and beyond. These pursuits have helped the department win the American College of Psychiatrists' Award for Creativity in Psychiatric Education not once, but twice.
The University of Kentucky, an academic medical center, is home to the NCI-designated Markey Cancer Center, CTSA-supported Center for Clinical and Translational Science, Kentucky Neuroscience Institute, Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, Barnstable Brown Diabetes and Obesity Center, and NIA supported Sanders-Brown Center on Aging. The University of Kentucky is located in the heart of the Bluegrass Region, one of the top ranked areas in the country for quality of life.
The review of applications will begin January 27, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Jerry Kersey (Jerry.Kersey@ESH.UKHC.org). However, to be considered an applicant for the position, please submit an application via the UK Jobs site.
Please include along with application:
1) Current Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application (upload under Cover Letter)
3) Names and contact information for three references (upload under Specific Request 1)
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, African Americans, and all minorities.
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, Clinical Title Series
Type of Position
Position Time Status
M.D. degree or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Knowledge of psychiatric practices in a variety of clinical, teaching, and research environments, as well as a demonstrated ability in teaching students at all levels in an academic environment.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Board eligible/board certified in Adult Psychiatry by the American Psychiatric Association, with full licensure in the state of Kentucky.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous experience in providing psychiatric services, as well as demonstrated ability to relate and communicate with internal and external faculty, staff, and other clients of the department. In addition, the most qualified candidate will maintain current National Standards of Practice in Psychiatry.
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Do you have an MD degree or equivalent?
- * Are you board certified or eligible in Psychiatry?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Specific Request 1