Requisition Number: STFR003583
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Working under the direction of the Project Manager and Team Leader within the Office of the SVP and CEO of the Professional Advancement Network, the Communications Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive writing, editing, social media management, and administrative support to ensure smooth functioning of their work and contribute to the overall efficiency of the SVP and CEO's Office. This position requires professionalism, discretion, poise, and the ability to make independent judgments. This position interacts with other senior level offices at the University, including other senior leaders, as well as members of University committees. Accordingly, the candidate must be able to communicate professionally and effectively.
This position is responsible for producing high quality written materials for use in various internal and external mediums on behalf of the SVP and CEO as well as representing the office. The ability to write and edit compelling, persuasive prose is critical to this position. Examples of materials that are expected to be developed include internal strategic announcements, congratulatory and appreciation letters, editing of proposals and briefing documents, translating complex messages into power point presentations, and articles for brochures and reports.
Additionally, the Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the SVP and CEO's highly complex, dynamic calendar to ensure that the schedule flows smoothly. This position continually uses good judgment and diplomacy to prioritize and schedule meetings with senior staff, other senior leaders, faculty, and students. It is expected that conflicts will be identified and resolved before they surface. Tact and discretion must be used to juggle calendar items and shift appointments as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or similar degree or 3 to 5 years equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of two years of experience required in working in highly sensitive confidential office environment.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills; exercise confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others; and establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to successfully function in a team environment with strong organizational experience.
• Effective multi-tasking, priority setting, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly efficient in time management and ability to deadlines under pressure.
• Capable of handling diverse tasks and assignments.
• Flexibility to accommodate and respond to direction from multiple sources.
• Ability to make independent decisions, manage multiple projects, and represent the Dean’s office in a professional manner.
• Computer experience including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
• Administrative and project management experience, preferably in an academic setting.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.