Enrollment Representative (PT, Plymouth Campus)
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Enrollment Representative reports directly to the Plymouth Campus Director for Continuing Education and Graduate Studies and has responsibility for assisting the Director and the Assistant Directors in all activities related to the recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students in the Division. The incumbent is responsible for both receptionist and administrative tasks, greets prospective students, manages a multiple telephone line, and maintains data records. This position works 28 hours per week, Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm.
- Provides front office coverage, assumes receptionist tasks, answers a multi-line telephone system and supports the needs of faculty, staff and students.
- Direct telephone calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Manage distribution of class rosters, course confirmations, and textbook orders.
- Prepare mailings to recruits and students.
- Maintain student folders and file drawers.
- Prepare classrooms for lectures and events.
- Open and close campus facility.
- Maintain office supply inventory and order as needed; replace toner as needed.
- Sort and process daily mail and faxes; prepare mail for pickup.
- Make service calls for equipment repairs.
Registration, Student Records and Financial Support:
- responsible for the financial clearance/processing of student registrations processing credit card and other payments, reconciliation of student accounts, collection/billing review, preparation of itemized bills, financial aid clearance, and maintaining tuition deferment records.
- Provides support for the admissions application process, updates the document tracking systems daily and enters enrollment and application information into Banner.
- Input student and recruit information into Banner; maintain accurate records; assist students with payment issues.
- Maintain student files and Banner records and identify students ready for admission application review.
- Reviews Division’s program and services to assist with student recruitment and retention.
- Assists in course management by monitoring enrollment, announcing closed sections and entering faculty assignments into Banner and assists with distributing information to faculty about administrative tasks and deadlines.
- Maintains databases for outreach efforts, responsible for the release of newsletters and mailings, and may coordinate room reservations, materials, and events.
- As needed, will assist Director in managing daily office tasks and assume responsibility for special projects.
- High School Diploma required. (Some College work or Associate’s degree preferred).
- One to three years office administrative experience. (Previous work experience in a higher education or sales environment preferred).
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven success in team efforts.
- Experience handling multiple telephone lines required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry management software required. (Knowledge of Banner system, data entry and filing experience helpful).
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.