Nursing Program Instructional Assistant
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the full-time position of Nursing Program Instructional Assistant. The incumbent will assist in teaching and testing students in laboratory classes as well as serve as clinical liaison for the Nursing department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- At least two (2) years of hospital nursing.
- Excellent nursing skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Previous teaching experience is desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with and assist the Director of Nursing and Nursing Lead Instructors
- Perform skill checks with students after the skill has been taught in lab and before they are evaluated by nursing faculty in skill competencies
- Set up competency evaluations for the faculty
- Aid in laboratory set-up and break down
- Aid in laboratory inventory
- Attend all Nursing Faculty and Health, Safety and Wellness Division meetings
- Serve as clinical liaison between the nursing program and our clinical affiliates
- Other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time-to-time, by the Lead Instructor of the Skills Laboratory and/or the Director of Nursing
The hiring range for this position is $38,000 to $44,000. Review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately, in anticipation of a Fall, 2017 appointment. Please forward your cover letter and resume with names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources. Please indicate in your cover letter the source where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Office of Human Resources - 112 College Road, Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759
For more detailed information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College