Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
This position is a non-exempt, temporary position expected to work up to 20 hours per week until conclusion of assignment. The assignment is anticipated but not guaranteed to last approximately 8 to 10 months. The Documents Clerk is responsible for scanning and indexing documents into Jenzabar Document Management System for student record-keeping purposes
- Scan documents to enterprise document management system.
- Prepare documents for scanning, data entry and indexing.
- Ensure quality control of documents entered into document management system,
- including appropriate indexing and optimum resolution of scans.
- Organize original documents to be re-filed/archived/disposed.
- Perform other duties as requested or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; one year vocational training or college preferred.
- 6 months - 1 year of relevant experience; e.g., working in an office environment
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of scanning/copying/indexing functionality.
- Effective usage of English grammar, syntax, punctuation and proofreading.
- Proven skills in organizing work, attending to detail and taking direction.
- Proven skills in managing time effectively and prioritizing activities.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
- Cover Letter
- Names/Contact Information of three professional references