Wirestorm's elite technology operatives tackle serious challenges that impact the bottom line of organizations. Our worldwide specialists are battle-tested in business intelligence, big data, enterprise mobility applications, cloud computing, application development and technical staffing. Our experience and expertise has helped multiple industries, from government to entertainment, surpass their own goals. Our clients include Microsoft, Corbis, OncoGenex, Providence Hospital, Schneider Electric and other global and Fortune 500 Companies.
At Wirestorm, we are uniquely positioned because of our size, expertise and philosophy.
As a boutique service provider, we are fast, agile and intensely focused on delivering outstanding customer care, while our technical team is broadly experienced at providing insightful, organization-wide solutions to address your bottom-line goals.
The Security Engineer leverages extensive experience in Information Systems and Security to develop strategies and solutions that adapt to changing threats over the long term. The engineer develops architectures, solutions and standards and works closely with other IT teams to promote secure designs and practices across the enterprise that mitigate risks and meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
• Gather, analyze and assess the current and future threat landscape, and assist in providing leadership with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
• Work with business units and with other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments.
• Perform security testing and vulnerability assessments to identify security strengths and weaknesses, to assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and to recommend remedial action.
• Perform incident management and response activities as a member of the incident management team. As required, assist in triage, response and mitigation, post mortem analyses, and forensic analyses.
• Review audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources regularly and ensure they are in compliance with policies and audit requirements.
• Assist in the development of security architecture and security policies, principles and standards.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy
• Work closely with IT team members to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
• Serve as a security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices
• Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products supporting security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors
• 7-10 years of IT and network security experience.
• Strong knowledge in of all core internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc)
• Hands-on experience with security infrastructures (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Web Content Filters, Proxies, DLP, SIEM, Log aggregation correlation technologies) required.
• Experience configuring and managing Cisco and Palo Alto switches, routers and firewalls - CCNA, CCIE, CISSP required.
• Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti- malware solutions, automated policy compliance, logging and filtering tools, and desktop security solutions.
• In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies
• Experience in system and application technology security testing, including static and dynamic code review, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
• Experience working with security technologies such as SIEM, vulnerability scanning, laptop data encryption, endpoint data protection, and application/infrastructure pen testing.
• Familiarity with data privacy and U.S. HIPAA regulations and best practices preferred
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units/organizations, and to understand business imperatives.
• Strong customer service and problem solving skills are required. Candidate must be able to listen to concerns and resolve reported issues promptly and effectively.
We are an international team of elite technology operatives who craft beautiful interactions between people and the technical world. Our solutions team is responsible for fielding, developing, managing and maintaining effective client relationships, and developing web tools and apps for huge audiences. Wirestorm generates an atmosphere of shared innovation and support, where we continually up-level our skills, break new ground, and highlight and learn from each others outstanding work. Come work with a fun company that offers amazing benefits, flexible work schedules, great team synergy, and a wide-open future.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:04:41 PST