Software Developer - Email Security
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, the candidate will be designing and developing mail application software in a hosted environment with a focus on back-end technologies like anti-spam, anti-virus, mail delivery, encryption and storage.
We are looking for a software developer with experience developing network services in C, C++, or Go in a Unix environment. You will be working in a fast paced, rewarding environment and be given the opportunity to contribute to various products that are used daily by millions of users.
Candidates should have knowledge in most of the following areas:
- C, C++, or Go
- MySQL programming and tuning
- Scripting languages like Python and Perl
- Object oriented design and analysis
- Database schema design
Knowledge in the following areas is desirable but not required:
- Mail hosting, routing and related technologies, common protocols (IMAP, SMTP)
- Full text searching and cryptography
- Web and spam filtering systems
- Large scale cloud systems, 100s of servers
- Distributed systems in a Linux environment
- Scalability of large network services
- High availability systems and databases
- Hadoop or other distributed data/computation systems
- Development of hosted mail services such as IMAP, POP3, SMTP, and anti-spam
- Develop software in C, C++, Go, and Python to support the email and storage platforms.
- Participate in detailed software design and code reviews
- Participate in sprint planning
- Work closely with operations to troubleshoot issues and address scalability and performance challenges across the entire environment.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- A willingness and flexibility to use the programming language or tool most appropriate to the task at hand
- Participate in Agile development and engage in continuous process improvements
- Highly disciplined in the areas of documentation and unit testing
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written are a must
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:58:16 PST