Coordinator of Student Activities 999689
Coordinator of Student Activities 999689
Job Summary / Basic Function
This position reports as a member of the Office of Student Success and reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Student and Academic Success. The Coordinator of Student Activities is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of all student activities, campus events, student government/student organizations, offsite activities, and related community engagements.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Master’s degree preferred.
At least 2 years of experience in an educational institution; 1 year experience in community activities, special events, and/or other planning and coordinating services.
2 or more years employment experience in an institution of higher education and
2 or more years of experience in planning/coordinating events in a college setting is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Offer exceptional customer service in a student-centered, professional environment at all times.
2. Stay abreast of current trends and best practices as related to student services/success.
3. Develop, organize and implement a diversified plan of student activities with an annual Student Activities calendar and budget.
4. Plan and implement student-centric programs and activities that will enhance the out-of-classroom experience with emphasis on all aspects of campus life, community and student engagement, special events and other cultural, leadership, motivational, and social awareness programs.
5. Serve as lead advisor with the Student Government Association officers. Responsible for orientation of new officers, student worker hiring procedures, and student travel.
6. Assist in coordinating and supporting the LIT student organizations. Coordinate with faculty advisors to support LIT student organizations.
7. Serve as Chair of the Student Activities Committee and as a voting member during the Student Service Fee Hearings.
1. Approve public posting, social media and student-related campus email distributions (i.e., fliers, reminders, notifications and student organization paperwork/forms).
2. Serve as an active member on a variety of campus committees when called to serve.
3. Assist in the day to day operations of the Office of Student Success when needed.
4. Data collection as needed to support the mission and goals of the Student Success Division and LIT.
5. Make presentations in boardroom/classroom settings as needed.
•Ability to plan and implement an effective student activities and campus life program while scheduling and managing several projects simultaneously.
•Excellent organizational skills required as well as a strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
•Working knowledge of the college catalog and the student organization handbook.
•Strong computer use, Internet and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
•Valid Texas Driver’s license (Must be willing to attend the DPS approved driver course for use of LIT vehicles).
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds.
Lamar Institute is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Work Hours: Evenings, weekends and extended work days are often expected.
Open Date: 03/01/2017
Open Until Filled:
Close Date: 4/21/2017
Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lit.edu/postings/186
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.