University Registrar (Admin III) (Updated)
University Registrar (Admin III) (Updated)
Job ID: 101979
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3306
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled and paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00AM. - 5:00PM; this position may include evening and weekend shifts based on operational need.
Classification Salary Range: $4,948 - $16,822 Job Summary Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services, the University Registrar is responsible for providing leadership in planning, organizing and managing all of the daily and ongoing operations of student registration, academic records, information services and enrollment operations for the University. The University Registrar provides strong leadership consistent with the mission and strategic enrollment goals of the institution and provides support in student enrollment and retention. The individual in this position will guide and supervise staff in the planning and delivery of essential curricular and records services. The incumbent is the principal custodian of all student records ensuring that student data and academic records are accurately documented, maintained and secure. In addition, the incumbent serves as the Chief Enrollment Reporting Officer for the university and is responsible for submission of enrollment and system reports, Enterprise system maintenance and collaborating on curriculum and catalog software.
As part of the division leadership, the incumbent will actively collaborate with leadership across the University, program coordinators and other campus colleagues to create and implement University, Division and Department strategic plan goals. The University Registrar focuses on enhancing services in response to faculty and student needs, and employs emerging technologies to improve the efficiency, convenience, accuracy, and effectiveness of these services. Responsibilities also include providing direction and leadership for implementation and enforcement of academic policies and procedures in compliance with local, CSU, state, and federal regulations. The incumbent will oversee budgets for the Office of the University Registrar and Enrollment Reporting Operations of approximately $2 million dollars and 44 staff. This is a leadership position involving complex, multi-division and multi-college/department initiatives, policy and reporting requirements that are mission critical to the university. The incumbent regularly works with VP, Deans, Chairs, AVPs and Directors from all across the university on matters related to academic records, registration, academic policy, FERPA, student records security, and other highly complex issues and initiatives. The incumbent must analyze academic policies, enrollment related issues and reporting requirements, systems changes to CMS related to the student systems and student issues to create solutions and advise senior leadership of the university. Finally, the incumbent will serve on university committees and be an active participant or on several university partnerships that partner with educational institutions, community and business partners.
For more information on the Office of the University Registrar, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/registrar/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Education/Experience
1. Masters Degree from an accredited university and/or college.
2. Five (5) or more years progressively responsible experience in student registration, academic records, information systems and enrollment reporting operations and/or student services, or similar experience.
3. Seven (7) or more years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience in managing areas related to student registration, academic records, enrollment information services and enrollment reporting operations (support systems for enrollment data management and reporting) in a higher education.
4. Demonstrated experience managing complex administrative structures, multiple types of personnel (e.g. Managers, Supervisors and Administrative Staff) and experience managing staff in union environments.
5. Knowledge and experience working with special student populations (e.g. student veterans, student athletes, underrepresented students, etc.).
6. Experience in strategic planning and implementation of short and long-term goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
7. Broad understanding of federal and state regulations governing academic records retention and processing, enrollment operations (academic records security and retention, FERPA, financial aid, NCAA Compliance, etc.) and various types of typical federal, state and university policies (e.g. general education requirements, admissions procedures, grading policies, university testing requirements, enrollment reporting requirements, registration procedures, etc.).
8. Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills or ability to conduct analysis and develop innovative, effective solutions.
9. Strong organizational skills to prioritize work and function effectively under time pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions.
10. Strong interpersonal skills to include active listening, informing, advising, and assessing. Ability to apply these skills at all levels and in diverse settings.
11. Proven ability to recruit, hire and professionally develop staff and managers to create highly productive and collaborative teams.
12. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, university administration, faculty, staff and build successful community partnerships with other educational institutions, businesses or non-profits/foundations.
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to compile, write, review and present reports as well as the capacity to analyze, comprehend and provide appropriate solutions to problems and courses of action.
14. Ability to work with campus community and various constituents in a diverse environment. Preferred Qualifications 1. Advanced degree from an accredited university and/or college.
2. 10 or more years progressively responsible experience in student registration, academic records, information systems and enrollment reporting operations and/or student services.
3. In-depth working knowledge of Universitys Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software as well as legacy records systems.
4. Knowledge or experience working with enterprise-wide administrative software systems and other related software commonly used in student registration, academic records maintenance and archiving, enrollment operations reporting and/or student services settings.
5. Knowledge and/or direct experience of one-stop student service centers.
6. Working knowledge of California State Universitys processes, policies and procedures as well as general understanding of the services, processes and procedures within a Registrars Office, Enrollment Reporting Operations and/or Student Services division. License/Certification Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline Open Until Filled; Applications received by April 5, 2017 by 11:59PM will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
Click link for additional instructions on how to apply: http://www.csus.edu/it/acs/documents/internalAppProcedures.pdf
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Recruitment Analyst: Baron Siegfried Marsh
Human Resources/Employment Services
Phone number: (916) 278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/