Nursing Clinical Adjunct
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director and Course Coordinators in directing student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned clinical area
- Prepare students to safely and effectively perform clinical skills.
- Coordinate student learning experiences with clinical agencies/nursing services staff.
- Negotiate with Course Nursing Faculty and clinical agencies to organize student orientation at the agency including any additional training that might be needed (such as computer and/or equipment training.
- Select student's daily clinical assignments.
- Direct student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned area.
- Conference with and counsel students as indicated. This includes collaborating with the course coordinator to assist students with issues related to achieving success in the clinical area.
- Conference with Course Nursing Faculty regarding student issues/problems/progress.
- Evaluate student assignments and provide constructive feedback.
- Complete student clinical evaluations.
- Initiate incident reports related to students and alert Course Nursing Faculty and the Chair of the situation.
- Participate in course planning and evaluation as well clinical site evaluation
- Collaborate with Director and Faculty to identify future developments in health care systems related to clinical learning.
- A minimum of an earned Baccalaureate of Nursing required.
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Two years of full-time clinical experience relevant to the area of responsibility required.
- Required to hold a current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts, or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Registered Nurse license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Ability to perform above job description
This is a part time, non-benefited adjunct position with hours flexible to the needs of the department.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.