Community Service Specialist I
Community Service Specialist I
Job ID: 101981
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 8820
Job Grade: Community Service Spec I
Salary and Hours Work Hours: Must be able to work any shift in a 24/7 schedule. Shifts may rotate but will vary depending on shift supervisor.
Salary Range: $2,489.00 - $4,038.00 Monthly Job Summary Under the general direction, the Community Service Specialists have varying levels of responsibility for security services, public safety support, parking support and related community support services. Incumbent will perform security and related public safety support assignments involving patrolling grounds, facilities, buildings and parking lots. Support may be provided to the public safety communications and records functions. Day-to-day work is performed independently under general supervision with closer supervision for new or more complex/sensitive assignments. Assignments involve the regular use of judgment and discretion to solve problems and address situations. Courses of action are guided by established protocols requiring limited interpretation of policies.
Assignments involve ongoing interaction with the campus community, general public, and campus and community law enforcement. Interaction often requires tact and discretion.
For more information on the Public Safety/Police Department, visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to the first level within this classification requires high school level reading and writing abilities and possession of a California Driver's License. The nature of the duties may also require successful completion of a background check, physical and psychological exam and/or the ability to attend Police Officers Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) programs related to public safety support and dispatch activities. Knowledge of and the ability to learn how to use the applicable public safety related equipment and systems are essential.
High school diploma or equivalent and three to six months related experience would normally achieve these entry qualifications. Required Qualifications 1. Working knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to campus security, public safety, and parking.
2. Working knowledge of alarm and radio systems.
3. Ability to detect and respond appropriately to potential hazardous or crime situations.
4. Ability to observe and recall details and incidents.
5. Ability to act and resolve parking and traffic problems.
6. Ability to write standard incident reports in a clear and concise manner.
7. Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals including the campus community, general public and law enforcement personnel.
8. Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and confidentiality Preferred Qualifications 9. Six months previous police/security/military law enforcement training and/or experience preferred.
10. Successfully completed or ability to complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for CSU campuses and pass the exam. License/Certification Must possess a valid State of California driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required. Eligibility Verification -Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Date of close: 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, March 22, 2017. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the application, please contact our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/