ASIC Verification Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with two to five years of experience in the verification of ASIC/IC devices.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Knowledge of a Hardware Description Language (Verilog or VHDL)
- Basic understanding of the operation of digital constructs such as register files, memories, state machines, and pipelining
- Basic understanding of various standard protocols such PCI Express, DDR, Ethernet, etc.
- Understanding of the processes behind design verification, including but not limited to building and running simulation test benches, identifying design failures and determining root cause, simulator setup, licensing, scripting, etc.
- Some knowledge of industry simulation tools such as Mentor's ModelSim Questa, Synopsys's VCS, or Cadence's NCSIM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The following additional skills and experiences would be a plus:
- ASIC design experience
- Use of a high-level language for verification, such as SystemVerilog C++, Java, etc.
- Experience in a lab environment debugging ASICs
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
FirstPass Engineering has been providing digital and analog solutions for their customers since 1993. Whether it be designing in the latest ASIC/FPGA technology or utilizing the most advanced verification methods to assure that a customer's product is RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, you will find FirstPass Engineering to be an exciting work environment that offers an exceptionally high level of exposure to a wide variety of products with many leading-edge commercial, military, and aerospace companies.
We are looking for design and verification engineers in the Denver and Phoenix metro area offices with varying levels of experience that relish the opportunity to utilize, broaden, and grow their skills and enjoy the continued success and growth that FirstPass Engineering has experienced for over 20 years. Providing highly specialized solutions across large market segments for an endless variety of products is challenging and rewarding, and offers significant opportunity for personal growth as well as leadership opportunities.
Find out more at www.firstpasseng.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 08:48:22 PST