Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
NATURE OF WORK:
Department of Psychiatry, Professional Research Assistant in the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division and the Pediatric Mental Health Institute's Innovations Center. The PRA will support and collaborate on research focused on building and evaluating effective interventions for children with behavioral health and developmental challenge, such as autism, within community settings (e.g., schools, primary care).
The position will be under the supervision of Bruno Anthony, PhD (Professor and Chief of Psychology), Laura Anthony, PhD (Associate Professor), the Child Psychiatry Program Director (Melissa Sinclair), and the UC Denver (UCD) Department of Psychiatry Administrator (Anna John).
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Pediatric Mental Health Institute's (PMHI) Innovations Center
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Professional Research Assistant will be responsible for a variety of duties within the Pediatric Mental Health Institute (PMHI). The PRA will support Dr. Bruno Anthony and Dr. Laura Anthony in their research and evaluation activities over the next two years.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting PIs with daily research tasks such as study recruitment, study visits, and site coordination
- Coordinating, scheduling and documenting research team and other meetings
- Contributing to the writing of scientific manuscripts, presentations, and posters
- Contributing to the development and writing of research grants/contracts
- Assisting PIs with protocol review, manuscript review, literature searches, grant searches.
- Completing other daily tasks as needed, such as IRB, administrative work, and various other research-related projects
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including IRB, Research Institute and Federal Agency compliance
- Data entry and management including the use of electronic database systems such as REDCap, EPIC, Qualtrics and Survey Monkey
- Bibliographic support including literature searches and development and management of Endnote Libraries for use in references for scholarly publications
- Utilizing analytical software for data management and basic data summary and analysis (SPSS) tasks.
- Familiarity with common univariate data analysis techniques, both parametric (e.g., t-test, ANOVA) and non-parametric (e.g., Chi-square)
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2 years of experience conducting research protocols involving human subjects.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $48,000 - $56,000, commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Questions should be directed to Melissa Sinclair, Melissa.Sinclair@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8778
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20281 - SOM-PSYCH-Child SP/G
Posting Date: Mar 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Melissa Sinclair
Posting Contact Email: Melissa.Sinclair@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00050244