Administrative Coordinator - NYC Men Teach Program
Bronx Community College seeks an Administrative Coordinator. Reporting to the Chairperson of the Department of Education and Academic Literacy, the position will perform the following additional duties:
- Recruits potential students to the CUNY/NYC Men Teach Program.
- Creates and maintains collaboration with mentors and advisors for the students recruited and/or enrolled in the program.
- Fulfills the initial guidance sessions assisting potential applicants in the application process.
- Schedules and assist students earning associate degrees with the process of transferring to four-year colleges.
- Partners with chairperson and curriculum coordinator on key activities which could include ordering MetroCards and other materials on campus, forming a team of mentors/advisors, engaging alumni, and implementing other events and opportunities that add value to the student experience.
- Tracks data on each student via the SharePoint, including completion of the digitally housed log as is required by the CUNY NYC Men Teach in its accountability to the Mayor's Office.
- Seeks and accepts guidance from the faculty coordinators of the education degree programs.
- Attends the meetings called by the University Dean and/or the Associate Director of CUNY NYC Men Teach Program.
This position is "Grant Funded" and subject to grant availability through 06/30/2018.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $77,121; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary rate based on contract implementation.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16425. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - NYC Men Teach Program
Job ID: 16425
Full/Part Time: Full-Time