PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (Admissions and Campus Community) Production Support Manager (IT Comput
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Computer Systems Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
CUNY's Office of Computing and Information Services (CIS) provides central support for the
University's information technology (IT) and telecommunication needs. CIS key roles include:
supporting the enterprise IT needs of the University; developing new technologies that advance or support the University's core mission; building, upgrading and maintaining the University's network; supporting enterprise applications; operating the University Data Center; operating a central help desk to support campus IT operations; developing a University IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan; and leading the development of University's ERP Project, CUNYFirst. Within CIS, the CUNYfirst Production Support unit provides day-to-day first-level support as well as production and operational support for all aspects of the CUNYfirst implementation.
Reporting to the CUNYfirst Campus Solutions Support Manager, the CUNYfirst Campus Solutions Admissions & Campus Community Lead will offer superior client support and ensure access to modern and robust computing and communication facilities; promote and ensure consistent performance of deployed services; and in coordination with others, support the application change control process.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directs day-to-day systems administration and support activities focused on the student admissions portion of the Campus Solutions pillar of the CUNYfirst implementation including testing, change control, monitoring utilization and triaging support. Must also act as a technical and functional resource to aid in the technical upgrade, analysis and design configuration of the PeopleSoft/Oracle Campus Solutions and HRMS modules.
- Develops and maintains a specialist understanding of the CUNYfirst application, its implementation, customizations and operational use.
- Develops and maintains an overall understanding of the CUNYfirst application and coordination points among the many components and versions of the system.
- Collaborates with Pillar Support Leads, managers and others to facilitate processes, projects,
installations and formulation of operating policies and procedures, especially in relation to CUNYfirst and the Campus Solutions pillar.
- Supports the activities of CUNY-wide committees and discussion groups pertaining to CUNYfirst support with particular emphasis on the Campus Support pillar.
- Transforms functional requirements into technical requirements and suggests industry best practice solutions.
- Participates in analysis of customizations to attempt to retrofit to delivered product as much as
- Handle complex application features and technical designs.
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems and computing capabilities.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify objectives.
- Understands business objectives and problems, identifies alternative solutions, and performs
feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses of alternatives.
- Studies existing installation to evaluate effectiveness and develop new approaches to improve
production or specifications as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job duties require schedule flexibility and willingness to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
- Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced IT Application Support Lead with proven functional and technical abilities.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Six (6) years experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9 in a managerial / lead role.
- Experience in problem triage and resolution as applied to IT applications.
- Experience in production application change control practices and processes.
- Knowledge of PeopleTools 8.54.xx in the area of Workflow, SQR, PeopleCode, Application Engine, XML Publisher Upgrade Assistant and others.
- Understanding of the workings of Weblogic, Tuxedo, SFTP and BPEL in a PeopleSoft hosted
- Higher education experience working in university Admissions, Registrar, Bursar or Financial Aid offices preferred.
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical staff, administrative users, and other
Information Resources managers.
- Ability to write, monitor and update technical project plans.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled with a review of resumes to begin March 21, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (Admissions and Campus Community) Production Support Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 3) - Provisional
Job ID: 16457
Full/Part Time: Full-Time