Job ID: 12549
Position # 00013704
The Section Director of Oral Medicine for The Dental College of Georgia (DCG) at Augusta University reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Oral Health & Diagnostic Sciences (OHDS). Responsibilities include pre-doctoral and post-doctoral education in Oral Medicine and related oral diagnostic disciplines, research & scholarship, and institutional & professional service. This position is administratively responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the pre-doctoral (DMD) Oral Medicine curriculum to ensure compliance with the DCG’s mission, with CODA accreditation standards, and regular monitoring of student academic progress.
The Section Director of Oral Medicine should be a strategic thinker, a visionary leader who thrives in a challenging environment and is clearly aligned with the DCG and Augusta University values of collegiality, compassion, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and leadership. The candidate should have demonstrated success in a comprehensive research university setting and the ability to build or contribute to team success through consensus among team members and collaboration with other constituents and stakeholders.
- Management of the DMD Educational Program in Oral Medicine
- Management and oversight of Oral Medicine clinics
- Leadership and support for Oral Medicine faculty members
- Reports to: DCG Chair of Oral Health & Diagnostic Sciences
- Partners with: OHDS section directors in radiology and pathology
- Direct reports: designated OHDS faculty and staff
Relates to DCG Associate Deans and Chairs
- DDS/DMD from an ADA-accredited dental school and/or a graduate of a CODA-accredited oral medicine advanced education program, and/or an ADA-accredited program in a related oral diagnostic science discipline.
- A U.S. dental license or eligibility for licensure by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
- Demonstrated ability for effective leadership, communication, and organizational skills and an ability to balance the strategic mission and vision of the ODHS department with the DCG.
- Interest/passion in working closely with faculty, students, residents and staff to promote engagement, leadership and professional development through collaborative interactions interdepartmentally, university-wide, and with local, regional and national organizations.
- Experience equivalent to five years in dental education that includes teaching, research, scholarship, and college/institutional/professional committee service is preferred.
This is a full-time academic faculty position at the associate or full professor level. Salary, rank, and tenure status for this position are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Questions regarding the position description should be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Kevin Frazier, Vice Dean and Professor, Department of Restorative Sciences at email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.