RESEARCH COORDINATOR SR
Duties: The Sr. Research Coordinator will provide comprehensive support for the evaluation activities of the VISN 4 Center for Evaluation of PACT based at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. These activities include designing data collection methods and instruments and conducting primary data collection through interviews, focus groups, site visits, and surveys. The Sr. Research Coordinator will also be responsible for scheduling site visits and other data collection, arranging travel, and responding to external inquiries. Data management responsibilities will include qualitative data analysis and data collection/abstraction from secondary data sources. In addition, the incumbent will develop standard operating procedures and oversee and supervise research coordinators conducting data management and data collection. When needed, the Sr. Research Coordinator will support grant proposal and research manuscript preparation.
The Sr. Research Coordinator will be expected to take a lead role in reporting and preparing study related documents and products, provide training to other staff regarding study procedures, and contribute to research papers and presentations. S/he may propose new avenues of inquiry for existing data and, with the guidance of a PI, lead efforts to explore the data.
Qualifications: * A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's degree or coursework towards a Master's degree is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and multi-level tasks.
* Knowledge of specialized qualitative analysis software such as Atlas.ti or NVivo is required.
* A highly professional demeanor and well-developed professional speaking, writing, and public relations abilities
* Experience in conducting qualitative data collection (such as focus groups, interviews, observations.)
* Experience in training others in qualitative methods a plus.
* Familiarity with quantitative software such as SPSS or SAS is desirable.
Reference Number: 40-24977
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-General Internal Medicine
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research