Certified Nurse's Aide Instruction
About Greenfield Community College:
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,200 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
Category: Potential Adjunct Faculty
Department: Certified Nurse's Aide Program
Posted: Mar 08, '17
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Responsible for instructional preparation, presentation, and evaluation of student performance during classroom and related clinical activities, leading to successful completion of the program. Ensure that all training and skill activities adhere to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regulations (105 CMR 156.000), curriculum, and guidelines. Compile and maintain required student records. Advise incoming nurse aide students. Provide instructional counseling to students by appointment; including program orientation, orientation to clinical facilities and clinical team meetings. Clinical affiliations may include long term care, rehabilitation and/or community sites. Meet with students exhibiting performance issues and document plans of action. Prepare students for the American Red Cross certification exam.
- Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure.
- Current AHA BLS Provider CPR certification.
- At least one year's experience in lesson planning, lesson delivery, student evaluation, and remediation in a health care setting with this experience gained in such positions as in-service coordinator, staff educator, or other health personnel instructor.
- Commitment to the mission of the community college
- Minimum of two years' experience as an RN, at least one year of which was in the provision of nursing services in a nursing home.
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting domestic diversity and/or global multiculturalism in the curriculum where appropriate.
- Knowledgeable in program curriculum to include; basic nursing skills, personal care skills, skills that meet the psychosocial and mental health needs of consumers, care of cognitively impaired consumers and knowledge and skills that promote consumers' rights.
- Ability to develop, implement, integrate and evaluate Nurse Aide curriculum.
- Effective in evaluating student learning and performance.
- Able to organize and maintain all documentation required by Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Ability to coordinate, direct and supervise the work of students at the clinical sites.
- Clinical experience in healthcare setting or ambulatory care.
- Strong interview/assessment skills.
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including phone etiquette.
- Effective communication with a varied student population.
- Comply with safety regulations required by OSHA, and with HIPAA regulations
- Instruction in educational theory and techniques.
- Ability to recognize the value of cultural, ethnic, gender and other individual differences in people.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Greenfield Community College account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
See the FAQs for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Greenfield Community College Employment Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
***THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES.