Working Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 03-08-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for providing a clean and healthy environment for the University Academic and Health Systems Facilities by supervising up to 20 employees in performing safe critical housekeeping tasks. Maintains department expectations of providing high quality and consistent service by supervising, scheduling, and training the work force. Maintains positive and professional relationships with facility occupants, staff, colleagues, students and department leadership.
The employee in this position will work in different areas, academic, clinical, and hospital. They will be exposed to different contaminants including biohazard, radiation, blood and body fluids. They work around machinery and stand on different surfaces depending on location. During summer months employee may be exposed to extreme heat to take out the trash or travel between buildings.
This shift is from 3:00pm - 11:30pm, This position will require some flexibility to meet emergency needs during nights and weekends.
This position requires a driver's license. Please make sure your driver's license information is listed under Licenses on your application.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Considerable knowledge of cleaning methods and practices.
2. Ability to use and demonstrate cleaning equipment and supplies to subordinates.
3. Ability to train, schedule, and supervise workers.
4. Performs a wide variety of cleaning tasks.
5. Ability to read, write and to keep records.
6. Follows detailed oral and written instructions.
7. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information in a professional manner.
8. Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis during emergencies. Ability to work an adjusted schedule as needed to meet deadlines.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81310