Working Title: Finance Associate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Orthopaedic Surgery Administrative Office
Posting Date: 11-08-2016
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Virginia seeks a Finance Associate to be responsible for a variety of professional level work across various financial disciplines, such as accounting, budget, payroll, financial analysis, purchasing, and accounts payable. The Finance Associate must demonstrate a strong capacity to work with limited guidance as they carry out their duties on behalf of the department, and will work in collaboration with management and finance staff to accomplish the goals of the department.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in business or related field; however, five years of relevant finance experience may substitute. In addition, applicants must have at least one year of experience in detail-oriented financial work.
Other required qualifications are the ability to evaluate, apply, analyze and present financial information with a working knowledge of fiscal operations; excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions; and proficiency in computer applications and working knowledge of various database and software programs. Four years of experience with general accounting, reconciliation, and purchasing is preferred, with prior experience with fund accounting and grant management.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting # 0619892.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Please note that effective December 1, 2016, this position will be classified as non-exempt as a result of a review of it's duties and alignment with the new Federal Labor Standards Act revisions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply financial information.
2. Working knowledge of fiscal operations.
3. Ability to analyze and present information.
4. Excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Ability to clearly articulate specific information relative to aligned financial functions.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
7. Proficiency in computer applications and working knowledge of various database and software programs.
8. Ability to interpret information and apply to daily work.
Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80530