Clerk II - Scheduler
Clerk II - Scheduler-1700428
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
High School diploma/GED. Two (2) years of full time clerical experience with patient interaction (customer service). Experience utilizing an electronic calendar to schedule patients. Ability to navigate through patient databases simultaneously and keep detailed records of patient interactions. Computer proficiency with experience navigating Internet websites.
Associate’s Degree. An additional three (3) years of experience communicating with patients. Experience in a call center where outgoing calls were prevalent. Experience with an electronic medical records system. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of medical terminology. Familiarity with the WTC Health Program.
Brief Description of Duties:
The scheduler is part of a team responsible for outreaching to a high volume of patients annually to schedule health monitoring exams and ensuring that the clinic schedules are booked 4 weeks out. Once scheduled, the scheduler continues to follow-up with patients to ensure they receive their pre-appointment paperwork and are reminded of the visit. The scheduler provides customer service to patents, educates the patients on the Program and health monitoring exams and links them to other staff if they have other needs. The scheduling team works closely with retention specialists to ensure patients with unique circumstances are scheduled appropriately and use motivation techniques to encourage patients to make and keep appointments. The incumbent must be self-motivated, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good listening skills and should be a team player. The incumbent must be detail oriented and have a professional and friendly phone manner.
- As part of a team, call a high volume of patients annually to encourage and schedule health monitoring exam.
- Utilize an online tool to identify which patients need to be scheduled.
- Once scheduled, follow-up with patients to ensure patients receive their pre-appointment paperwork and are reminded of the visit.
- Review current health and scheduling needs with patients and schedule according to their visit type.
- Review schedule to ensure there are no errors.
- Ensure that all details of the visit are logged into the electronic scheduling system, the Program database contact log, and all contact information is updated in EMR and Program databases.
- Educate patients about their upcoming visit and how to prepare for them.
- Ensure clinically relevant information is documented in the schedule or communicated to the supervisor.
- For patients with unique needs, work with retention specialists and/or supervisor to schedule appointments.
- Confirm all scheduled appointments 24-48 hours prior to the appointment.
- Reschedule appointments as necessary, follow-up with no-shows and cancelled appointments in a timely manner.
- Prepare mail-home packets for members.
- Utilize quality control process to prevent HIPAA issues and ensure that packets are mailed according to protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: This position will be relocated to Commack.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at www.stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Clerk II
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Islandia
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Mar 8, 2017
Posting End Date: Mar 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: 28-32K Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: N5