Development Assistant, Athletics
The Office of Advancement in our Athletics Department has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to manage the Athletics Advancement Office and support their staff.
1. Provides administrative support functions, such as answering and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, establishing and maintaining files, document management, maintaining office equipment, copies and faxes requested documents, resolving hardware and software issues with information technology for staff, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels, etc. Prepares routine and non-routine correspondence.
2. Makes travel arrangements (which may include detailed itineraries reflecting appointments with donors), schedules meetings and appointments, and maintains calendars to ensure efficient time management. Assists staff with calendar management, expense reimbursement, and data entry relative to contacts and activities as needed. Coordinates actions, questions, and decisions between manager and others.
3. Generates department accounts payable vouchers, verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged. May assist in preparation and monitoring of departmental budget.
4. Acts as liaison with the University regarding questions, research information, reports, and operations.
5. Assists development staff in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospective donors through research of databases. Utilizes data from central database to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generates and refines downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by development staff.
6. Completes new account forms, routing and following-up on forms and fund agreements to ensure required approval signatures obtained in timely manner; provides complete information to Accounting and Stewardship Departments and processing staff. Processes donor checks and gifts, completes routing and tracking forms, generates appropriate acknowledgments. Updates donor database(s) with notes, strategic plans, contact reports, tasks, etc. to ensure most current and relevant information is available. Shares information with other team members. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies daily regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Follows up to confirm changes have been made.
What We Can Offer
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be dynamic. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
• Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience preferred; non-profit, events and development/fundraising experience also preferred. Experience working in an athletics department highly useful, but not required.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Internet required. Publisher and Access experience preferred; Database applications such as Advance Web, Lutz Advantage, Paciolan or similar software preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Mar 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001228