Medical Assistant / Patient Care Coordinator
$39,528 - $49,176
This position performs medical, technical, and administrative support services to contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations providing a positive patient experience. Clinical duties may include escorting patients to exam rooms, taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, assist in procedures, and other duties as directed by physician. Provides administrative support to the providers and interacts with patients by scheduling patient appointments in tandem with the provider availability, interacts with patients in person and on the phone, answers clinic phone, greets patient at check-in, collects patient information, updates/maintains electronic records, insurance verification, handles visit payments, ensures the clinic has needed inventory for operation, and performs clerical tasks.
This position will be assigned to work at various clinic locations in the inland empire. This position may be required to work different shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
1. Medical Assistant Diploma or Certificate of Competency. Must have written evidence to validate training and competency as a medical assistant (i.e., certification of completion of a medical assistant training program, or a letter from supervising physician). To administer injections or provide venipuncture, must have written evidence of validation for training and competence in medication administration by injecting and skin testing.
A minimum of two years (2) years of experience working in an environment performing tasks related to front and back office duties related to this position. At least one (1) of these years should be in a medical clinic office or hospital setting where insurance verification and patient financial responsibilities are performed.
2. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
3. Understanding of medical terminology.
4. Familiarity with universal precautions, handling of bio-hazardous waste, specimen identification and transport. Experience using standard exam room medical equipment and computers.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with patients of varying ages and multicultural backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
6. Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment.
7. Flexibility to work at various clinic sites in the inland empire and different work shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Travel will be required between practice sites and administrative offices.
1. Current Medical Assistant Certification.
3. Work experience in a neurology, pain management, women's health, and/or primary care clinic setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview