Heating/Cooling Plant Operator I
This position will assist Heating/Cooling (H/C) Operator IIs in preventative maintenance with all H/C Plant equipment. The
primary responsibilities include: assist in maintenance and safe
operation of mechanical and pneumatic equipment at the H/C
Plants; maintain records of maintenance and repair; maintain,
install, and operate equipment at H/C Plants; maintain proper steam
pressure and chilled water temperatures; maintain/operate boilers
and associated equipment; fill and drain boilers; assist in training
and monitoring of General Maintenance Worker IIs in coal
bed/boiler operations; feed coal into boilers; maintain a uniform
coal bed; remove ashes and empties coal accumulation; keep job
site clean; respond to emergency situations and other duties as
assigned. This position is required to follow the instructions of the
supervisor relative to safety issues as outlined in Physical Plant
Division and University Policies and Procedures. Must be able to
work overtime when required. In addition, this position requires
frequent climbing to various height levels; crawling into tight places;
significant lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of 50 lbs. or more. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently
exposed to extreme temperature conditions (boiler room, steam
pits, outdoor weather, etc.); hazardous chemicals and fumes.
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
Heating/Cooling Plant Operator I
3CP14:Physical Plant- Heating/Cooling Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
Rotating Shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The essential functions of this position will require you to work at various height levels and work in extreme temperature conditions (i.e. boiler room, steam pits, outdoor weather, etc.). Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * This position requires lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50 pounds. Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodation?
- * Indicate your amount of paid work experience maintaining mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
- More than 0, up through 6 months
- More than 6 months, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Do you have a valid Kentucky driver's license and are able to drive?
- * Are you currently a regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee with Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- No, but I am a University of Kentucky STEPS temporary employee with Auxiliary Services.
- No, I am not employed in any capacity by Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Zip Recruiter
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter