Heating/Cooling Plant Operator II
This position maintains, installs and operates equipment at Heating/Cooling
plants. Primary responsibilities include: maintains proper steam pressure and
chilled water temperatures; operates and maintains boilers and associated
equipment; must be familiar with distribution systems such as piping, steam,
chilled pits, water pits, etc.; feeds coal into boilers; maintains a uniform coal
bed; removes ashes and empties coal accumulation; fills and drains boilers;
lubricates, operates and repairs equipment; responsible for maintenance and
operation of chillers, compressors, underground distribution lines, towers,
pumps, and auxiliary equipment; cleans evaporator and condenser tubes; keeps
job site clean; may try to resolve certain problems independently; assists
training other employees and may assign tasks; responds to emergency
situations and other duties as assigned. Will require working overtime as
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
Heating/Cooling Plant Operator II
3CP14:Physical Plant- Heating/Cooling Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Standing or walking with objects up to 50lbs; Repetitive motion. May be exposed to loud noises, fumes, confined spaces, and/or temperature extremes while reviewing a job-site(s).
Rotating Shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends).
Hours of work may vary dependent upon situational factors and crisis
management, requiring some night(s), weekend(s), and/or holiday(s) response.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Driver License and the ability to drive are preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The essential functions of this position will require you to work at various height levels and work in extreme temperature conditions (i.e. boiler room, steam pits, outdoor weather, etc.). Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * This position requires lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50 pounds. Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodation?
- * Do you have a valid Kentucky driver's license and are able to drive?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid experience you have maintaining and operating chillers, compressors, underground distribution lines, towers, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you currently a regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee with Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- No, but I am a University of Kentucky STEPS temporary employee with Auxiliary Services.
- No, I am not employed in any capacity by Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Zip Recruiter
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter