Dean, Technology Services
Dean, Technology Services
College of the Sequoias Community College District
Opening Date: March 1, 2017
Closing Date: March 21, 2017
Full-Time, 12-month, Management Position
7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. / Monday - Friday
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Vice President, Administrative Services, the Dean of Technology Services will plan, organize and direct the Technology Services operations of the District; provide guidance and supervision to staff involved in computer systems analysis, design programming, installation, maintenance and operations; provide technical assistance, training, advice and recommendations to management to determine most appropriate hardware and software solutions for District information and management systems.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Information Sciences, Technology Management, Information Systems, Business, or Leadership from an accredited college or university, with an undergraduate degree in Technology or Computer Services, AND five years increasingly responsible professional experience in supporting/ managing complex networked systems and data centers in computer technology, preferably with two or more years in a supervisory or management capacity related to computer information systems/science, OR
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Information Technology AND ten year's increasingly responsible experience in computer systems analysis, design programming and operations, preferably with two or more years in supervisory or management capacity related to computer information systems/science.
Licenses and Other Requirements
• Valid California driver's license.
• An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias
• Participate directly in and supervise the activities of the Technology Services staff in all developmental and on- going computer and technology applications which serve and support operations district-wide on all campuses.
• Manage and oversee network management, software development, and database administration.
• Prepare, review, evaluate feasibility studies and conceptual design of the hardware/software requirements of the District and make recommendations; oversee design, implementation, and modifications of systems. Ensure the most appropriate integration of multiple systems.
• Assure that basic program modules are fully integrated, that programs are operational and the data base structures are complete for the creation of a variety of special reports; oversee writing and modification of programs using the District information system and data bases.
• Oversee attendance accounting; assure that data is accurately recorded and reported on a timely basis
Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to information technology, District reporting of database information, internet and database security, and technology accessibility.
• Meet directly with users from instructional and student support programs to determine the feasibility of specific data processing applications; develop overall specifications for program and assign to data processing and program management staff for completion.
• Chair the Technology Committee, establish priorities, and implement the recommendations of that committee.
• Oversee the development of Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and invitations for Bids related to the District's information systems infrastructure, data center and District owned telephone and network systems. Work with the Administration office to negotiate vendor contract Terms and Conditions (T&C's).
• Chair or serve on various District committees and workgroups as assigned, including accreditation committees and processes.
• Oversee the successful operations of District phone systems at all campuses; seek pricing (bids) for new phone systems when needed, ensure adequate infrastructure, and oversee transition and implementation of phone system changes.
• Establish, implement and maintain refresh schedules for equipment and technology including staff computers, student computer labs, and classroom computers and projectors.
• Select, assign, train and evaluate staff; evaluate and make recommendations regarding personnel and equipment requirements for the Technology Services Department.
• Implement District-wide training on various District software systems through scheduled trainings, online instructional videos, and other mediums as appropriate.
• Oversee and direct the operations of the District copy center and all District copiers and printers, and seek Requests for Proposals/Qualifications as needed for outside services and suppliers of printers and copiers.
• Oversee and direct the operations of District mail.
• Oversee the day-to-day management of network security
hardware and software, establishing protocols to troubleshoot server and network security-related issues, and to best avoid hacker attacks, phishing, and malicious breaches.
• Prepare and present written, electronic, and oral reports to the Board, Superintendent/President, Senior Management, and other administrative staff.
• Assume other duties normally associated with management.
• Indoor work environment.
• Frequent contact in person and on the telephone with management, supervisory, academic and classified staff.
• Typically must sit for long periods, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, see clearly to read normal and fine print, speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone, hear and understand voices over the telephone and in person.
• Must be able to remember key information and concentrate for long periods of time.
Conditions of Employment
• Annual starting salary will be between $101,345 and $149,733 (Management Salary Schedule, Range 30) Salary placement is to be commensurate with education and experience.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance program for employee and dependents.
• Retirement Plan.
• Employee life insurance ($100,000) is provided.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
All costs incurred as a result of the application/selection process shall be borne by the candidate.
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline, March 21, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• COS Application for Academic or Administrative Service.
• Diversity statement (included in application packet).
• Statement which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities.
• Current Resume
• Transcripts – Copies of transcripts of college/university work may be sent with the application package. Official transcripts are required for employment.
• Equivalency documents (if necessary).
• Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
Notice to all candidates for employment
"College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law."
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation."