Associate Director for Recruitment Operations
The Associate Director for Recruitment Operations (ADRO) in the Office of Admissions reports to the Director of Freshman Recruitment. This position is responsible for leading the work of recruitment, outreach, and training of the freshman admission counselor team.
The ADRO will coordinate the recruitment and outreach work of the Office of Admissions, and will be highly collaborative within the freshman recruitment unit. This position will perform the following duties:
- Supervise a team of Admissions Associates and student interns.
- Take part in recruitment and outreach activities both to help achieve coverage, and to be an active participant in the work s/he leads; oversee and participate in on-campus and off-campus programs.
- Collaborate with the freshman application review team to manage the admissions counselor role in the comprehensive application review process for freshman applicants.
- Develop and research professional development opportunities; establish and increase the University of Minnesota’s visibility within state, regional, and national organizations for the good of the institution.
- Enhance the institution’s work in outreach to the High School Counseling community, both in the state of Minnesota and nationally.
- Manage the University of Minnesota System Campus recruitment efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of professional experience in undergraduate admissions and recruitment at a regionally-accredited institution.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set priorities and demonstrate initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership skill, ability to work independently and collaboratively in an environment requiring a high level of discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A Master’s degree in higher education administration or a related field.
- A strong understanding of the high school recruitment landscape, demographic trends, and pressing issues in the national admissions dialogue.
- High capability in use of CRM tools (SalesForce or other products).