Assistant Director Event Production
This position is responsible for event production and is expected to be a primary resource for questions related to the capacity and operation of building audio/visual equipment and technology used during events and extends the professional staff presence in the Armstrong Student Center to support student staff working during evening and weekend hours. This position will also develop and operate the Red Zone, a casual recreation/game area.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s Degree in a related field and at least two years of experiences which provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working with students
- Experience facilitating event productions, setups and implementation
- Familiarity with event sound and light equipment
- Communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience providing outstanding customer service
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Willing and able to work outside of regularly scheduled hours as needed to support events and activities
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Mac environments
- Participate in an on call rotation
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.