Graduate Assistant, Athletics Compliance Office
Lewis University is a Division II School located 25 miles SW of Chicago, in Romeoville, IL. We sponsor 18 intercollegiate varsity sports and compete in the Great Lakes Valley Conference and Midwest Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (men's volleyball).
The Athletic Department at Lewis University seeks a qualified individual to fill the Graduate Assistant position in the Athletics Compliance Office. The Graduate Assistant will assist the Associate Athletics Director, Compliance/SWA in implementing and monitoring a comprehensive compliance program with respect to NCAA, conference and University policies and procedures and the day-to-day operation of the Athletics Department.
- Utilize the Legislative Services Database for the internet (LSDBi) for researching rule interpretations and case precedent in preparing rule interpretations, waiver applications and rules violations.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of protocols for monitoring compliance with , conference and university rules and regulations.
- Assist in the review of recruiting records, countable athletically-related activity records and complimentary admissions forms.
- Assist with collection of documentation for eligibility decisions, maintenance of student-athlete history files and the issuance of National Letter of Intent and athletic scholarships.
- Assist with planning compliance education sessions.
- Assist with data entry into the Compliance Assistant and production of reports.
- Produce eligibility reports, National Letter of Intent and check management on the Eligibility Center website.
- Discussion and analysis of initial, two-year transfer and for-year transfer eligibility decisions.
- Assist the Associate Athletics Director, External Operations with various game day responsibilities, marketing efforts, and external operations.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must be enrolled and maintain satisfactory progress in one of the University’s Graduate Programs. High ethical standards and integrity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to work independently, as well as within a team-oriented work group. Knowledge of business and accounting procedures. Strong organizational skills. Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules is preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2026
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer a competitive stipend for the Graduate Assistant position as well as graduate tuition.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.