Visiting Professor (Open Rank), Data Science
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver invites applications for a non-tenure track Visiting Professor (open rank) position for the academic year 2017-2018 beginning September 1, 2017. Associate and Full professor appointments are dependent on the applicant holding the same level appointment at their current institution. The individual hired will be responsible for teaching professional masters degree courses, working with our faculty on curriculum development, and potentially collaborative research. The appointment will be based on a one-year contract, possibly renewable on a yearly basis contingent on performance review.
- Duties include conducting research for 50% of the appointment and teaching three quarter-based system courses per year, curriculum development and student advising.
- This position will participate in Department and University services as needed.
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and teach data science courses in some subset of the following topics: machine learning, data visualization and analytics, noSQL databases, data streaming and cleaning, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, and cloud computing.
Rank will be determined at time of hire, commensurate with background and experience.
- Assistant Professor will typically be individuals within the first 5-7 years post-doctorate with strong potential for future research.
- Associate Professor will typically be mid-career scholar-teachers with a strong, established research record. Often candidates will have been granted this rank by another institution.
- Professor will be scholar-teachers at the top of their career with an extensive existing research agenda. Often candidates will have been granted this rank by another institution.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Scott Leutenegger at .
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.