Asst Dir, Student Center
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Asst Dir, Student Center
Job Number: 2017243
Location: San Marcos
Department: Student Center
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $4000
Job Category: Exempt
• Experience managing and supervising professional staff
• Knowledge of risk management issues
• Experience in event management in a large, multi-function facility
• Knowledge of and competence with computers: Microsoft Office, multimedia, institutional software
• Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate effective customer service.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge and experience with using and maintain meeting/presentation audio-visual needs.
• Experience in budget administration and planning.
• Knowledge and experience with facility maintenance and operations
• Experience working with students both as customers and employees
• Work evenings and weekends as needed
Proven experience in Coordination of large events, (conferences and meetings)
Knowledge of event management software (EMS)
Experience working in a university campus environment
Master’s degree in student affairs or related discipline
Responsible for overall Conference Services management and assisting the Associate Director with maintenance/custodial operations and project management. Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates professional and student staff in Conference Services. Responsible for coordination of support facilities services, and equipment to include, but not limited to, audio visual systems and equipment. Maintains a visible presence at high profile events in the LBJ Student Center. Serves as liaison between customers and LBJ Student Center. Performs other related duties as assigned
• Oversees administration of Event Management Systems scheduling software and processes.
• Assist in management and administration of facility operations.
• Provide supervision in conferences services and building management areas
• Monitor night and weekend operations
• Supervise conference services coordinator, night and weekend manager, and an administrative assistant as well as numerous student staff and student managers.
• Responsible for coordination of respective income and expense budgets
• Maintain risk management plan and training schedules
• Assist with annual customer service assessments and report results to appropriate departmental staff.
• Understand AV and technology for meetings, event set up and other specific conference service needs.
• Maintains audio-visual equipment inventory to include preventative maintenance, repairs and accounting for inventory.
• Serve as part of the administrative team in establishing strategic plans, goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with campus wide partners in Student Affairs, academic colleagues and other system campuses to develop mutual relationships that directly benefit students
• Maintain knowledge of internal and external customer needs, work within the university community to set appropriate goals for meeting those needs.
• Plan, develop and recommend new or revised policies and programs to meet the needs of the facility
• Work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director
• Research, develop and coordinate new initiatives and programs
• Regular schedule to be adjusted to meet the needs of programs and services, work nights and weekends as needed
• Provide formal and informal training for staff
• Assist in the development of annual reports
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 03/06/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce