Director of PR Communications
AnchorFree is seeking A player to lead the global Corporate Communications function based out of our Menlo Park corporate headquarters. As a key member of the marketing organization, this person will be responsible for working closely with the executive team, key internal stakeholders, customers, industry influencers, reporters and our public relations agencies to build AnchorFree's identity and visibility in the main stream press. The position involves personal engagements with reporters and creating powerful messages, storylines and communications programs which create buzz and drive awareness for Hotspot Shield among consumers.
In this role, the ideal candidate will network closely with leading industry reporters covering Consumer software/Internet companies and will develop and execute both internal and external communications strategies.
The goal of the position will be to establish the AnchorFree brand among mainstream consumers, gain industry recognition and to leverage PR for further user growth. The candidate will work closely with the SVP of Marketing on corporate branding, strategic and executive communications.
The ideal candidate must have excellent contacts with the biggest influencers in the press, exceptional written and verbal communications skills, can manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously with ease, is a natural influencer, collaborator and relationship builder, and has strong attention to detail coupled with an extreme sense of urgency.
• Effectively communicate AnchorFree's product features and growth to main stream press.
• Position AnchorFree as a leader in consumer cloud security and privacy.
• Gain industry recognition, industry awards, and brand recognition through executing Public Relations strategies.
• Daily communicate with top tier reporters in technology, lifestyle, business, and main stream press. Understand editorial calendars and position AnchorFree as an expert for reporters to go to before writing stories. Get AnchorFree in front of reporters in advance of them writing relevant stories
• Work with the public relations agency and serve as the primary internal contact for media inquiries and press opportunities, evaluating opportunities, contributing content and involving internal spokespeople as necessary.
• Prepare key messages and quality-check documents for press releases and key media announcements. Prepare executives for media interviews to help ensure key messages are consistently conveyed.
• Manage the corporate PR and social media calendar and work with regional PR agency teams to create local plans. Create content (articles, prepared and rapid response statements, blogs, etc.) as necessary.
• Write, proofread, and edit material for internal and external communications
• Oversee logistics relating to press announcements, including editing, approvals and distribution per established standard operating procedures.
• Ten years of hands-on relevant experience, preferably working as a reporter for a major publication, as well as in PR.
• Experience working with consumer Internet companies.
• Superb written and oral communication/presentation skills with the ability to translate complex technical ideas or results into easy-to-understand, actionable statements and conclusions.
• Solid personal and professional contacts with reporters at Tier 1 publications.
An undergraduate degree in a related field (business, communications, management) is preferred.
AnchorFree Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
AnchorFree is a mission driven, high growth consumer focused Company funded by bluechip investors. AnchorFree has been shaping Internet Freedom, online privacy, and security, impacting millions of users in 190 countries. The AnchorFree product, Hotspot Shield application is used worldwide for gaining access to all of the world's information, Internet privacy, and Wi-Fi security. Hotspot Shield played a key role in every major global event of the last five years. During the Arab Spring Hotspot Shield enabled millions of Egyptians to gain free access to social media, which was otherwise censored. This year in Turkey within 72 hours of the Turkish government blocking access to Twitter, more that 1.5 million Turks downloaded Hotspot Shield to gain the freedom to get to Twitter...Hotspot Shield was a key tool used during the London Olympics and during the World Cup to gain access to all global content and played a material role in securing users from large malware attacks and general security and privacy threats. Funded by $63 million from Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (the former CEO and chairman of MCI), Esther Dyson (Board Director WPP and Yandex), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), and Subrah Iyar (founder of Webex), AnchorFree is focused on bringing online privacy and freedom to the next billion Internet users.
Learn more about us here:
AnchorFree website: http://www.AnchorFree.com
Hotspot Shield website: http://www.HotspotShield.com
Menlo Park, CA
Tue, 7 Mar 2017 10:58:14 PST