Chair, Personal Financial Planning Dept. (Associate or Full Professor)
- Chair, Personal Financial Planning Dept.
- Regular, Tenured position
- Twelve-month academic appointment
- Earned doctorate in Personal Financial Planning, Finance, Consumer/Family Economics, or Economics. Other terminal degrees, such as a JD, will be considered.
- CFP® certificate preferred or an agreed upon written plan for certification prior to hire.
- Collegiality and ability to work with existing faculty.
- Evidence of collaborative leadership, teaching effectiveness and research competency
- Professional membership in relevant organizations.
- Vision for curriculum development, research, and extension education.
- Provide undergraduate/graduate instruction in courses relating to financial planning, including those enabling students to sit for the comprehensive CFP® Examination
- Ability to educate from theoretical/conceptual bases, incorporating international applications.
- Mentor students in matters relative to their professional development and career placement.
- Provide vision and mentorship for graduate students.
- Work collaboratively with current faculty.
- Initiate, conduct, and publish research.
- Obtain extramural support for research agenda and other departmental missions.
- Publicly communicate research findings to our various constituents
- Provide leadership to the department
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with industry partners, including members of the Board of Advisors
- Advancement, engage in development activities to secure funding for departmental growth and goal attainment.
- Serve on college, and university committees.
SALARY AND RANK
- Commensurate with qualifications. Competitive with national Human Sciences Financial Planning programs
CLOSING DATE: Review of dossiers will continue until position is filled. DEPARTMENT
- The Personal Financial Planning program offers a B.S.HES in the emphases; Personal Financial Planning (CFP Board registered), Personal Financial Management Services, and Financial Counseling; a M.S. in Personal Financial Planning (CFP Board registered), a M.S. in Consumer and Family Economics; and a Ph.D. in Human Environmental Sciences with a concentration in Personal Financial Planning (CFP Board registered). The department is a member of the Great Plains IDEA consortium, allowing opportunities for distance education opportunities for both a CFP Board registered MS and a Certificate in Financial Planning. Other CFP Board registered programs include an undergraduate certificate, allowing students from across the university the option of completing the coursework to sit for the CFP exam. (http://pfp.missouri.edu )
- The Department is home to the Office for Financial Success and the University of Missouri Center for Economic Education, a financial counseling and education outreach center dedicated to improving the financial lives of university students and community members, while supporting financial literacy through secondary school education. (http://financialsuccess.missouri.edu)
- Current faculty members include four tenured/tenure-track resident professors, the Director of the Office for Financial Success/Center for Economic Education (open), one teaching assistant professor, and an extension staff of two.
- The five departments of the College of Human Environmental Sciences are Personal Financial Planning, Architectural Studies, Human Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, Human Development and Family Science, Textiles and Apparel Management; and the School of Social Work
- Information on the college is at http://www.missouri.edu/~hes/ .
- Current college undergraduate and graduate enrollment is approximately 1,483 and 300.
- The University of Missouri is the flagship, comprehensive campus of the University of Missouri system with membership in the Association of American Universities (since 1908). The Columbia campus is a land-grant, state-supported, multi-purpose university of approximately 35,425 students offering a wide variety of academic, cultural, and athletic activities. Please see http://missouri.edu/about/mufacts.php.
- Columbia, Missouri is a regional center for health care and financial services surrounded by a large rural population. Recognized for its high quality of life in national media, Columbia is a community of approximately 108,000 with a wide-range of activities and opportunities. It is located in central Missouri, approximately two-hours from either St. Louis or Kansas City.
Applications should be submitted on-line through the University of Missouri website along with letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of your philosophy regarding financial planning education, official transcript(s) and contact information including email addresses for three references combined into one PDF or Microsoft Word document uploaded as a resume attachment to: http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/ . Questions regarding the online application are best directed to Human Resources: (573)882-7976, or PSHRSUPPORT@umsystem.edu .
Reference letters should be mailed to:Dr. Deanna L. Sharpe, Chair of Search Committee Department of Personal Financial Planning 239 Stanley Hall University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65211 Phone #: 573-882-7836 Fax #: 573-884-8389
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility & ADA Education at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: