Director, Technical Services
Reporting directly to the VP of Network Operations, the Director of Technical Services will be the technical leader for j2 Net Ops. The Director will oversee and manage a team responsible for maintaining a 99.999% uptime for j2's world-wide infrastructure. This position will oversee a significant portion of j2's Network Operations department, including the Unix, Storage and Network administration groups, comprising approximately 20 resources. The Director will have responsibility for storage, UNIX server and network infrastructure located in data centers, DR sites and approximately 30 co-los and cloud deployments world-wide. In addition, the Director of Technical Services will be the primary interface with other departments on projects, initiatives or programs requiring Net Ops resources. The Director will be central in driving the selection and implementation of new technologies and will serve as the escalation point for break/fix issues throughout the j2 production infrastructure. The Director will be responsible for successful project delivery and must be a skilled project manager.
- Responsible for maintaining 99.999% uptime throughout the j2 production infrastructure.
- Responsible for the problem resolution process, including but not limited to establishment of monitoring and management of alerts, escalations, and notifications.
- Responsible for end-to-end management and maintenance of fixed assets (servers, network devices, telecom devices, storage, licenses, etc.) that are resident in j2 data centers and co-los.
- Responsible for development, implementation and documentation of operating policies, methods, processes, measures, tools, and training programs.
- Responsible for preparation and management of annual capital and expense budgets
- Oversee Technical Services, which includes Network Administration, UNIX/Linux Server Administration and Storage Administration.
- Perform capacity planning for fixed assets, power, network bandwidth, telecom circuits, etc.
- Oversee quarterly DR Testing and monthly backup/restore testing.
- Enforce change management. Drive change control and production control processes.
- Drive vendor negotiations to improve efficiency and lower costs.
- Define, advocate and enforce adherence to technological architectural designs and standards.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product Departments to plan, estimate, coordinate and manage major initiatives and projects. Collaborate closely with the QA/testing team.
- Serve as central escalation contact for problem resolution and ticket tracking of items assigned to sub-groups. Manage team's use of JAMS internal ticketing system and affiliated processes.
- Lead root cause analysis and continuous improvement efforts of groups within purview.
- Provide conflict/escalation management and provide ongoing enforcement of standards.
- Provide monthly management reporting on capacity, performance, uptime, and others as requested by management.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- 15+ years managing infrastructure operations, including but not limited to:
- Network infrastructure architecture, strategy, design and implementation
- Unix Systems design and management (RHEL, Centos, et. al.)
- Storage Systems design and management with focus on NetApp.
- Data Center, Co-lo, and Cloud Deployments (AWS, Rack Space, et. al.)
- Vendor/Carrier Negotiations and Contract Management
- Power Management and Capacity Planning
- Project Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Disaster Recovery
- 10+ years as a Director or manager of multiple managers is required.
- 10+ years experience in a highly distributed server environment leveraging open-source software.
- 10+ years experience with storage management and virtualization. NetApp is a plus.
- 10+ years managing operations functions including storage, backup and recovery, DR, etc.
- 10+ years experience with voice and data network operations
- 10+ years experience with capital and expense budgets in excess of $5MM
- 5+ years experience working with telecommunications carriers.
- 5+ years experience with change management and production control. ITIL is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a multi-protocol distributed network environment using Cisco equipment: Cisco Nexus 7xxx/5xxx/2xxx routers and switches, routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, etc.), PIX/ASA Firewalls, Switches, IOS Router OS, Content Switches with SSL (CSS 11500).
- 5+ years experience with network security products and protocols (e.g. firewalls, NAC, IPSEC VPN, etc.) in an e-commerce environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are required. Candidate must supply writing samples related to previous job experience, redacted to protect proprietary information.
- The Director must have the ability to create technical project deliverables such as project plans, budgets, status reports, Visio diagrams, etc.
- Strong management skills at a senior level and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- The Director should have project management, vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Candidate must be able to think strategically and act tactically. Must be able to delegate and manage resources to complete tasks. Must have solid judgment and know when to escalate.
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree or MBA are strong plusses.
We are located in Hollywood and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:06:52 PST