Sales Assistant I
This position will have the skills to open or close and operate any Retail Market, Caf or Starbucks and provide outstanding customer service and sales support. The Sales Assistant I will interact with customers, operate cash registers, stock shelves, rotate inventory and maintain a clean orderly sales area. This position is also be expected to train student employees and new hires in customer service and store operations. This position may also prepare food for retail sale as necessary.
Who we are:
Retail Markets and Cafes is a unit within Campus Dining Services. We operate five convenience stores, four casual dining restaurants, a Bakery/Coffee Shop and Starbucks. We operate 7 days a week, 12 months a year. Some units open as early as 7:00 am and two close at 2:00 am. We serve the campus community including students, faculty, staff, conference groups and guests.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Retail Product Mix:
- Recommends changes to product mix through verbal or written communication and other customer related issues assuring a positive customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adjusts to scheduling changes when needs arise based on changing situations and business needs in the absence of a manager.
- Prepares hot and cold food items to be sold in the retail outlet.
- Equipment to be used can include knives, slicers, coffee brewers, espresso machines, ovens, warmers, grills, fryers.
Customer Service and Store Maintenance:
- Trains and ensures work is done according to departmental procedures and that all departmental standards relating to health and safety are followed.
- Ensures that the customer needs are met and quality products are served at all times.
- Directs student employees in keeping storage areas clean and organized, keeping merchandising areas clean and fully stocked.
- Performs daily cleaning of Retail Store, including sweeping and mopping. Receives product and puts away stock in storage areas.
- Restocks all products to maintain sufficient supplies.
- Assures food products are kept at proper temperatures.
- Ensures storage and merchandising areas are kept clean and organized.
- Uses proper storage techniques by rotating stock and dating open items. Participates in weekly inventory and related paperwork.
- Submits End of Shift Report daily and P&L weekly.
- Performs daily cleaning of store to include but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, dusting, floor waxing.
Food, Safety & Store Integrity:
- Follows and maintains standard of cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with all department and health department rules and regulations including washing, drying, and sanitizing equipment and work areas.
- Stores all food at proper temperatures and checks temperatures at appropriate intervals and records results according to department SOP's.
- Sweeps/mops all areas which may include store floor, coolers, service areas, entries and stairwells where applicable.
- Notifies supervisor of problems and submits work orders as needed and according to SOP's.
- Monitor and record refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily.
- Must respond immediately when a variation or issue presents itself.
- Work as a cashier.
- Cash drawer reconciliation.
- Counts and balances cash drawer and safe, before and after work shift. Maintains security of both cash and product at all times.
- Follows all university guidelines for cash handling, reconciliation and monthly and year-end inventory.
- Maintains instore Cash Handlers Statement of Responsibility and submits to Business Manager.
What we can offer:
The monthly salary for this position will be $2,031.00, which equates to an approximate hourly rate of $11.72. In addition, the position is eligible for overtime. This position also includes excellent benefits and work life balance. Paid time off includes 22 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave, and 10 paid holidays annually. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What you should know:
- This full-time position is guaranteed a 40 hour work week and is eligible for overtime.
- This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
- This position may be required to work weekends and evenings, as well as early mornings. Schedule is subject to change based on needs of the business.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within six months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
- Requires a preplacement physical.
Be driven. Be creative. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- 6 months of experience in retail sales, cashiering, wholesale sales, and/or bookstore retail sales.
What you will need:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ethics and Integrity
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
- Relationship Building
What we'd like you to have:
- Previous food service experience
- Knowledge of food safety protocols
- ServSafe certification
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 21, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Public Safety/Enforcement and Protective Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2017
Closing Date: Mar 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00721717