Bard College Health Service is seeking an independent, dynamic Family Nurse Practitioner for a 28 hour/week position providing primary care to college students in beautiful Annandale-on-Hudson, NY. This position offers a rare quality of life in the medical field with ½-hour appointments, collaboration with colleagues, and off-site programming opportunities. Experience preferred; will consider training new graduate if excellent fit. Candidates reflecting the diversity of our student body encouraged to apply.
Provides primary health services for undergraduate, graduate, and special studies students. This is a benefits-eligible position with 28-hours per week fall and spring semesters and 12-hours per week over the summer.
- Provide and document assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of illness or injury in Health Services (HS) Office in accordance with the Practice Protocol of the NYS Department of Education
- Maintain appropriate NYS license and comply with Continuing Medical Education requirements
- Communicate with other HS staff, private health care providers, college departments, community agencies and organizations to assist in serving student health needs
- Review Emergency Department records, laboratory and imaging reports; make follow-up calls to students as indicated; communicate with parents as appropriate
- Provide emergency response in the HS office and immediate vicinity, including administration of first aid, assistance with emergency transportation, and appropriate referrals
- Research health and wellness topics for students and staff; assist in health education and creation of HS materials
- Participate in HS Policy and Procedure Development and Quality Review
- Promote and participate in College wellness activities and events
- Develop and provide educational programs and health information to students on an individual and group basis
- Collaborate in selection of medical supplies and equipment
- Collaborate with HS staff in adherence to safety, cleanliness and preparedness standards
- Perform other job-related duties as required
Bachelor’s Degree and either a Master’s Degree or Post-Master’s Certificate from an accredited school of nursing; experience as a NP in ambulatory care preferred. New grads will be considered. Candidate must have current Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner, New York State license as RN and NP, ACLS or BLS certificate, and Certificate of Infection Control.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/38865
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.