Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of almost 11,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students within three years, including both residential and commuter students. Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC provides a student centered, technology-enriched learning environment. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Residential Life - 4006510230
Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcript 1
The Office of Residence Life is seeking a Residence Director. This position is responsible for the supervising and developing student staff and developing an exceptional community environment. This is a live-in, 12 month position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week with other duties as assigned.
- Select, train, evaluate, supervise, and develop student resident assistants.
- Develop a balanced program of social, educational, and community living activities.
- Provide direction for hall governance and other student groups.
- Oversee and direct student staff initiatives and work with individual staff members to establish objectives and meet student development needs.
- Communicate, interpret, and administer Community Guide policies and procedures to student staff.
- Provide one-to-one contact, conflict mediation, and referral services to residents.
- Maintain full time office hours and visibility within the hall and initiate informal contacts with residents.
- Respond to emergency/crisis situations in an on-call rotation.
- Develop/maintain liaison relationships with Student Affairs and serve on College committees.
- Manage a state-issued purchasing card.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- One year experience in a college/university residence life setting; leadership or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills and commitment in the areas of leadership development; excellent communications skills; ability to act independently and to react appropriately in a crisis situation
- Master's Degree
- Experience as a residence director or as a residence assistant on a college campus
- Experience working in student affairs
- Experience as resident living on a college campus
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).