Teaching and Learning with Technology - INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
Vacancy ID S2036 Job Title INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER Department Teaching and Learning with Technology School/Parent Organization Digital Instruction and Information Services Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 01/03/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time Normal End Time Position/Job Summary
If you are interested in partnering with innovative faculty and colleagues to advance teaching and learning, then Ithaca College is for you! The Instructional Designer will work in partnership with faculty and others in the academe by leading the instructional design process across the delivery spectrum. The successful candidate will incorporate learning theories, engagement strategies, and best practices to design and enhance student experience and outcomes, and will work in collaboration with the Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) team and with other professionals across the campus to support the academic work of faculty and students.
1. Conduct individual consultations with faculty in regards to best practices, course design, and technology training/needs; provide support to faculty in design of course content according to quality standards.
2. Work collaboratively with faculty to improve student learning using instructional design principles and maintaining positive faculty relations throughout the course delivery cycle.
3. Design, develop and deliver training materials for faculty and staff, in various formats and delivery modes.
4. Research and identify potential instructional trends, constructs, methods, tools, new and emerging instructional technologies, and best practices that enhance student learning outcomes.
5. Utilize appropriate instructional design models to design, develop, and deliver online and blended learning assets in partnership with faculty clients.
6. Coordinate planning, research and implementation efforts with staff and the user community.
• Master's degree in instructional/curriculum design, instructional technology, or related field.
• Three years experience working with clients in the design of instruction.
• Expertise in working within a Learning Management System (LMS).
• Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply Instructional Design models/principles to meet client's objectives.
• Experience incorporating accessibility for all students in the design of learning materials.
• Doctorate (Ph.D., Ed. D) in Curriculum & Instruction or related field across instructional delivery spectrum including blended and online delivery.
• Five years experience working with clients in instructional design or curriculum development.
• Experience utilizing the principles of Universal Design, and the ability to incorporate learning strategies that are accessible to all.
• Experience participating in large initiatives across an entire organization through consultation, facilitation, and training.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Department description
Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) is a unit of the Digital Instruction and Information Services (DIIS) department of Ithaca College. TLT is comprised of innovative and collaborative team members who work closely with faculty, academic units, and academic support units to assist in providing technology and practices for continuous improvement and academic innovation of the student experience. The team is currently working on Year two of the five-year DIIS Strategic Plan. More information on TLT can be found here: http://www.ithaca.edu/diis/
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $69,000 - $74,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).