Assistant Coach, Track and Field and Cross Country Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athleti
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Coach, Track and Field and Cross Country Operations
12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist head coach in the overall day-to-day operations of the track and field and cross country programs
• Coordinate all facets of team travel for athletes and staff including ground transportation, air transportation, hotel accommodations, itineraries, rooming lists, per diem and entry fees
• Assist in the strategic planning, organization, promotion, and execution of Cross Country/Track & Field camps and clinics; serve as camp liaison with the sports camp office, business office and other administrative offices as needed
• Coordinate all on-campus recruiting functions, including transportation, lodging, itineraries and meals
• Maintain recruiting database
• Facilitate equipment inventory and apparel orders with equipment staff
• Construct and develop the annual schedule for opponents in conjunction with the head coach
• Coordinate, organize, and oversee all activities related to alumni relations and outreach
• Develop and execute an annual marketing plan, in collaboration with Sports Marketing
• Develop and execute a public relations plan, including newsletters, alumni functions, and outreach efforts
• Develop and coordinate public service activities, arranging dates, times, and transportation
• Coordinate all logistics for annual end-of-year sports banquet and/or senior recognition reception(s)
• Monitor sport expenditures, and meet regularly with DIA Budget staff to discuss on-going budgetary issues
• Serve as liaison between coaching staff and DIA support units
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, Big Ten Conference and institutional rules
Bachelor's degree in areas of sport management, recreation, or other related field
Administrative or program management experience; knowledge of the sport of collegiate track and field/cross country as demonstrated by past participation, coaching experience or equivalent; strong writing and communication skills; effective organizational, administrative and public relations experience; demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment; and a commitment to adhering to all policies, rules and regulations of the University of Illinois, the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA. Must be available to travel with team off-campus competitions.
Experience with Division I intercollegiate athletics; working knowledge of track and field/cross country; some public relations experience; some experience operating in a university environment subject to policies, procedures and regulations. Candidates with previous experience in office management and ability to independently manage multiple tasks to bring projects from beginning to on-time completion are highly preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to March 21, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Keiko Price, Senior Associate Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 03/07/2017
Close Date: 03/21/2017