Working Title: Office Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Research
Posting Date: 01-06-2017
The University of Virginia seeks candidates for a Special Assistant to support the development of new pan-University translational clinical research Institute (Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia - THRIV). This senior level professional assistant will support the organizational structure for developing Institute and manage the administrative, operational, financial affairs, and special projects for the leadership team. Incumbent will work alongside executive team for research Institute to ensure successful program planning and milestone achievement. This position will provide key administrative support for communications and establishing/maintaining cooperative working relationships within and outside of the University.
A Bachelor's degree is required; significant relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree. At least five years of relevant work experience is required. Significant knowledge and understanding must include the University's educational, research, and clinical policies and processes. More than five years relevant experience working with UVA systems and / or research teams is preferred.
Must have superb organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a diverse community including students, faculty, administrators, and industry partners, as well as federal and state agencies. The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects and meeting external, hard deadlines, is required. Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) is also required.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Outstanding critical thinking and judgement skills; ability to make well reasoned decisions in support of executive priorities. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards. Ability to exercise appropriate discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential issues.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of financial, operational, and administrative policies and procedures. Working knowledge of higher education structures and functions; ability to assess and navigate political and cultural contexts in the formulation and implementation of work products.
3. Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to effectively collect, analyze, synthesize, and present information in multiple forums to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with colleagues, and working with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds to establish and maintain strong partnerships.
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Excellent organizational ability.
6. Understand and articulate the University's educational/research/ and clinical missions, strategic aims and demonstrate working knowledge of UVA policies and systems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80885