Assistant Director of Alumni Programs and Chapters
Reporting to the director of Engagement and Sustained Giving, the assistant director will be responsible for enhancing engagement opportunities and therefore increasing alumni involvement through, but not limited to, the management of regional alumni chapters, career mentoring programs, and special reunions.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Identify, recruit, and monitor volunteers for each Alumni Chapter.
- Coordinate all communication material for the Alumni Chapters volunteers.
- Oversee all communication pieces from the Alumni Chapter volunteers including social media, print, and email.
- Serve as a liason between Alumni Chapters and the university to bring concerns and opportunities to the attention of the appropriate departments.
- In conjunction with the university's Career Planning office, execute career networking events and programs which connect alumni with current students.
- Identify and establish partners in the academic units to expand career networking events for current students.
- Establish and execute procedure to assist student and alumni groups, who self-identify or are identified by the advancement division, in organizing special programs/reunions.
- Create special messaging and programs specific to young alumni to promote the efforts of the department and goals of the division.
- Explore and identify new alumni programs that support the engagement of alumni with the university.
- Assist in goal setting, establishing timelines, and reporting progress for regional alumni chapters, career mentoring programs, special reunions, and other initiatives under their direction.
- Work with Advancement Services to ensure alumni records are up-to-date.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and at least 1 year of related experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Technical aptitude, attention to detail and computer proficiency.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, creativity and multi-tasking ability.
- Able to work independently and as a supportive team member.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionaly accredited college or university
- Ability to trave as well as work evenings and weekens necessary
- Valid driver's license
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Job ID 2017-1276
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo