GEI is seeking an Electrical Project Leader who will manage and direct the electrical design of major projects, including conceptual design, construction document preparation, construction administration, and coordination between design disciplines. The Project Manager will manage and successfully execute major design projects for the firm. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to communicate with project teams, project staff and with our valued clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
• Provide expert knowledge, management and oversight for electrical design for major projects including: higher education central plant projects, metering projects, and cogeneration projects.
• Apply management experience in work planning, scheduling, task management, and developing engineering staff.
• Perform and direct others in collecting and/or assembling complex project data.
• Perform and/or direct the preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents such as writing new specifications for standard and non-standard items, checking that items mentioned on plans appear in specifications and checking the layout and accuracy of the bid package.
• Manage design and engineering staff from project inception to completion, including motivating and coaching staff.
• Interact with clients, utility representatives, code officials and contractors, including engineering support during construction.
• Assist in the trouble shooting of electrical-related project problems as they arise and ensure that all electrical engineering work is of the highest professional quality.
Goss Engineering is an established consulting engineering firm specializing in the planning, design, management, and commissioning of mechanical and energy systems for public and private works, including major colleges and universities. Our engineers enjoy a variety of project types, including: energy conservation, district energy, central plants, thermal energy storage, cogeneration, HVAC, laboratories, control systems, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and electrical.
Tue, 7 Mar 2017 08:16:28 PST