Dining Equipment Mechanic
Housing and Dining Services at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks a Dining Mechanic to repair kitchen and dining mechanical equipment. This position exists to provide skilled mechanical support whether it is a scheduled or unscheduled work in a professional, safe, courteous and timely manner.
As a Dining Mechanic you will receive excellent benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and an employer contribution to your retirement plan at 10% of your salary.
Who we are:
The Housing & Dining Services Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We have 13 convenient campus locations, including all-you-care-to-eat dining centers, grab-n-go's, convenience stores, coffee shops, bakery, and a late-night caf.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Appliance Repair and Service: Meet with dining managers to coordinate and schedule repairs on Kitchen equipment, preventative maintenance on all Dining equipment to include hood systems. Work with asset manager to develop preventative maintenance schedule to maintain and repair all Kitchen equipment. Provide written or verbal requests for equipment replacement when costs of repair exceed value of the equipment. Advise Dining services administration on equipment purchases and renovations. Perform all recommend PM's per the MFG O&M. Serve as a Commercial Equipment Repair Technician.
- Refrigeration/HVAC/Steam: Perform inspections and service of building HVAC mechanical, refrigeration (cooler and freezers, Salad Bar, and all hot and cold display cases) and control, sub-systems and components related to control problems, heating, cooling, and evaporation/ventilation for proper temperature, pressure and operations. Schedule and give notification for shutting down equipment that requires ordering parts and assembling of special tools. Communicate with users/customers to the ramifications of such for repairs. Perform all recommend PM's per the MFG O&M.
- Plumbing: Repair and/or replacement to heating systems, domestic hot water systems, and non-potable water systems. Provide assistance to other licensed trade personnel as follows: Restore drain, waste and vent systems to proper functioning by using appropriate chemical, hand or power equipment to remove obstructions. Stop or repair leaks in waste, drain, natural gas, domestic water and hydraulic heating by use of proper tools and replacement parts and fittings.
What you should know:
- This position may be called back from off duty to report to work and may be required to work different shifts to meet the needs of the university.
- This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
- The typical schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm.
- The incumbent will be required to pass a motor vehicle background check as unrestricted driving responsibilities are essential to the position.
What we can offer:
Monthly Salary: $4,823. This position will be eligible for a 5% new hire salary increase within 12 month based on performance.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be active. Be collaborative. Be proactive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Four years of experience repairing and maintaining dining equipment.
- Substitution: Successful completion of a formalized refrigeration or air conditioning apprenticeship program, or higher level, non-correspondence course work in the dining equipment field from an accredited vocational school or university may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must have Universal CFC certification (chlorofluorocarbons).
What you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of cooler and freezer equipment
- Customer Service, including working well with others
- Mechanical ability
- Technical expertise
What we'd like you to have:
- Familiar with Combi Ovens, Cook Chill, Cold/Hot wells
- Electrical and Plumbing experience
- Computer skills
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 4, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-08608.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Mar 21, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 4, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00731980