Sr. Manager, Industrial Engineering
The automation engineer is responsible for identifying new manufacturing technology, as well as designing machines to decrease manual processes and increase efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Job Requirements
- The automation engineer is responsible for identifying new manufacturing technology
- Design machines to decrease manual processes and increase efficiency and quality.
- Responsible for working with vendors and design teams, follow through the build phase, and implementation of equipment into production before handing it off to the manufacturing team.
- Will evaluate automated equipment & processes & solve automated equipment & employee training issues. Review related manuals, blueprints, & schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed.
- Provide leadership and direction for all areas of production, including manpower management determining productivity benchmarks, monitoring work center performance and developing efficiency opportunities.
- Drive employee engagement and participation in the Company's continuous improvement programs by promoting teamwork and open and honest communications.
- Interact with vendors, customers, contractors and employees at all levels of the organization: able to make decisions "under fire".
- Experienced in assembly robotics.
- Experience in continuous improvement through automation.
- Proven proficiency, domain expertise, in machine design.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical and electrical industrial maintenance.
- 8-10 years of applicable experience in PLC System Automation.
- Proven efficiency in Ladder Logic programming, I/O management, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in troubleshooting mechanical systems including pneumatics, tooling issues, measurement feedback systems, and basic design robustness.
- Strong working knowledge of PLC systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, and overall machine design.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Automated or Application Engineering required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be regularly required to talk or listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, crawl and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations. Prolonged sitting, typing and lifting up to 20 pounds.
BYRNE ELECTRICAL SPECIALISTS is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1970, Byrne Electrical Specialists has been a leader in the industry and the community for nearly 40 years. Byrne's knowledgeable staff delivers world-class customer service and the fastest lead times in the industry. From great thinking to great solutions, Byrne is one of the most trusted names in power and data distribution technologies.
At Byrne Electrical Specialists, Inc. we strive to be exactly that; specialists.This means more than just being an expert, it demands flexibility and innovation. We pride ourselves on our dedication to innovative thinking, collecting over 100 patents in our nearly forty years. We consider ourselves flexible due to the extensive capabilities we offer from our team and facilities, taking ideas all the way from design to production. As a specialist, we provide a contingent solution, turning your problem into an opportunity.
Mon, 6 Mar 2017 14:27:51 PST