Responsible for supporting the company's established marketing strategies and to initiate, facilitate, compile, write, and edit proposal responses for federal and state agencies through the development of proposals, statement of qualifications, client presentations, and marketing collateral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage proposals (RFP, RFI) and all deliverables as needed, including determining schedules, assigning work packages, coordinating content submission from writers, and submitting responses on-time, as well as final editing, formatting and assembly.
- Develop thorough RFP compliance matrix and maintain compliance throughout lifecycle of proposal development.
- Drive proposal efforts to finish, including: go/no-go, teaming, capture of intelligence resources, development, submission follow-up, and debriefing.
- Participates in pre-marketing activities, including: intelligence gathering, competitor analysis, and selection panel profiling to define Ahtna solutions and discriminators.
- Participates in teaming discussions and arrangements, including selection of teaming partners and key sub-consultants.
- Facilitates strategy/theme development to define Ahtna's competitive solutions and discriminators.
- Assist in the design of marketing collateral such as proposal and covers, organizational charts, resumes, project descriptions, presentations, handouts, etc. requiring technical writing and graphic work.
- Establishes and enforces writing assignments and deadlines.
- Assures that proposal messages and themes are integrated in proposals and presentations.
- Ensures compliance with requests for proposal (develops and monitors compliance matrix).
- Oversees final production and submission.
- Coordinates team debriefs on proposal wins and losses.
- Coordinates reviews of all outgoing competitive proposals for quality and RFP compliance and responsiveness.
- Learns and maintains in-depth knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable discipline. Work experience may substitute education on a 1 to 1 year basis.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with federal proposal development, with at least 2 or more of those years with federal proposal volume and major section development going through the full life cycle of proposal volume development.
- Experience with leading and coordinating diverse teams from various organizational levels from the prime, subcontractor, and consultant businesses.
- Experience with working closely with business area operations and business development leads and pricing leads to ensure alignment of technical, management, and cost and price strategy.
- Experience with defining business development processes.
- Knowledge of federal government procurement process and FAR regulations.
- Experience with federal RFP structures and SF330 formats.
- Ability to plan and coordinate proposal resources, including people and schedule and communicate status regularly to proposal managers and firm leadership.
- Ability to edit content from multiple individuals and incorporate data and graphics to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
- Ability to pass background checks by various Federal Agencies (e.g. DOD, DHS, FAA, etc.) to obtain security access.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Valid Driver's license with clean driving record, able to drive company vehicles
- Experience with business development or client delivery with US federal civilian agencies, including Department of Defense and Homeland Security.
- Desired Applicant will have Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) or completion of Shipley and Associates training Certification or similar certification.
- Experience in construction, environmental, or engineering industry.
- Experience and knowledge of Alaska Native cultures.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to be able to communicate effectively.
- Computer skilled, with advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Data Base applications. Desktop Publishing/graphic Design, Adobe Software (InDesign and Photoshop), and SharePoint.
- Able to coordinate several activities at once, quickly analyze and resolve specific problems, and cope with deadlines effectively.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus), occasional walking or standing, occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Work is performed in an office environment, may be subject to temperature and noise level changes.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: www.ahtna-inc.com/employment or contact the recruiter, Lisa April, at (907) 868-8250, ext. 228.
Ahtna Environmental Inc. (AEI) holds an 8(a) certification with the Alaska District of the Small Business Administration and is a growing, self-performing contractor with experience in managing environmental and construction projects. AEI has experts in program/project management, as well as technical, administrative and field staff to provide a broad spectrum of services with unmatched success in developing, evaluating and deploying innovative environmental solutions. AEI has extensive experience with environmental issues and a significant understanding of environmental laws and regulations that are currently facing various federal agencies. AEI's services are backed by a commitment to safety, quality and corporate resources that are managed by dedicated and recognized leaders.
TO APPLY: All applicants are REQUIRED to complete an online application to be considered for employment. Please visit www.ahtna-inc.com/employment to create a profile and complete your online application. Your information will be routed to the Hiring Manager for review.
Ahtna and its subsidiaries are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
Apply at www.ahtna-inc.com/employment
For questions regarding this job posting or other Ahtna job postings, please contact the Human Resources Recruiting department.
110 W 38th Ave., STE 100
Anchorage, AK 99503
To apply, please visit our website at www.ahtna-inc.com/employment
Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:14:14 PST