Vacancy # 13157
Salary Range: $2,319 - $3,765 per month
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $2,319 per month
Note: Multiple positions will be filled on an as-needed basis from this continuous recruitment.
Under general supervision, provides general cleaning and custodial care and support for assigned campus buildings, facilities, structures and adjacent areas and/or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, campus offices, classrooms, science laboratories, art rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, locker rooms, health and child care centers, patios, entryways, walkways, and workshops. Custodial staff may work independently or as part of a custodial team.
• Clean and maintain assigned areas, including such activities as dusting and cleaning all surfaces; removing trash and recyclables; cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and replenishing supplies; cleaning glass doors, windows, and blinds; cleaning off graffiti; cleaning furniture and upholstery; cleaning light fixtures; polishing woodwork and metal surfaces; cleaning stairwells, walkways, and elevators; and performing general housekeeping; clean and maintain campus floors, including sweeping; dry and/or wet mopping; stripping, sealing, waxing, and polishing floors; vacuuming; spot and full cleaning of carpets; and use and care for powered floor cleaning equipment.
• Provide custodial support, including activities such as responding to custodial/cleaning emergencies; gathering and delivering recyclables to areas of central aggregation; replacing lamps in light fixtures; safeguarding assigned areas from unauthorized use and access by locking and unlocking doors and windows; arranging and setting up furniture, equipment, and related items; and making minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and furniture, such as oiling doors, tightening screws, and replacing foots on chairs and tables.
• Provide general campus support by reporting facility repair needs identified during custodial rounds; checking fire extinguishers to ensure they are full; serving as a special event custodian; and participating in campus event set-up and clean up, including moving bleachers; identify and organize necessary work materials and equipment, which may include loading and unloading cleaning supplies, and materials.
• Operate and maintain appropriate hand and powered equipment and tools, supplies, and materials to perform assigned duties; some positions may be required to use a motor vehicle, such as a truck, or electric cart to transport custodial equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Maintains a professional-like attitude at all times while on duty.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions to ensure safety
• Ability to operate and care for custodial equipment and supplies applicable to the position Ability to use two-way radios for communication
• Ability to observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required Ability to perform work involving regular physical activity
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships
• Some positions may require ability to move up to 50 pounds
• A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Position will remain open and will be filled on an as-needed basis from this continuous recruitment.
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed (as determined by the CSU) before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may be the basis for rescinding an offer of employment and/or affect the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery /index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information:
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Temporary positions filled through recruitment may be extended or converted to permanent status without a second recruitment depending on the availability of funding and the circumstances that created the vacancy. A permanent or probationary on-campus applicant selected to fill a temporary vacancy at a higher classification or skill level that expires within the stated timeframe may return to his or her previous classification, not necessarily in the same position, subject to the conditions of the appropriate bargaining agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, the California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 23,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.