Administrative Support Coordinator I
Administrative Support Coordinator I
Job ID: 13145
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Job Grade: Coordinator I
Department: Financial Aid and Scholarships
Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,619 per month (anticipated hiring rate: $2,846 per month)
Note: This is a full-time (40 hours per week). probationary, non-exempt position
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships support the University by administering and/or coordinating all student financial aid programs at California State University, Fresno. The office is responsible for administering federal, state, institutional and scholarship aid in excess for $220,000,000 annually to approximately 72% of the student population at California State University, Fresno.
This position provides administrative support under the direction of the Director. Performs a variety of administrative and technical duties to help the office perform daily operations. Performs a full range of activities in support of the Financial Aid and Scholarships office including communicating with staff and students.
• Research and provide the Associate/Director with background details on student appeals
• Assist counter/phone personnel with upset/irate student/parents, attempting to diffuse, resolve or reduce frustration level before referring them to Associate/Director
• Coordinate incoming calls and appointments for the Associate/Director
• Coordinate office purchasing, leave calendar, conference room schedule
• Act as Safety Coordinator for the office
• Maintain the Fresno State website for Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Coordinate outreach calendar
• Assist with tracking of campus wide consumer information requirements tied to financial aid
• Assist with updating and printing of office publications
• Maintain strict confidentiality if all student information in compliance with FERPA regulations
• Assist with student communications sent through Fresno Messenger
• Assist with public contact through Financial Aid social media
• Assist students in navigating the financial aid process such as answer questions pertaining to completing the FAFSAs, financial aid deadlines, Fresno State processes, document requirements, accepting of awards , etc.
• Participate in staff training and read assigned information and materials to stay current on knowledge necessary to perform the job effectively and efficiently
• Support the mission of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships and the University
Secondary Duties of the job include
• Process and monitor student payroll
• Monitor employee absences and time reporting
• Maintain inventory of office equipment/documents and ordering office supplies
• Other related work duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of office systems (PC, Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, Calendar)
• Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures
• Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
• Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist
• Perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections
• Draft and compose correspondence and standard reports
• Handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
Education and Experience
• Completion of High School Diploma, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
• Three years of related office work experience
• A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
• Related work experience in a higher education financial aid
• Experience with PeopleSoft system or comparable system
Open until filled. First review date February 25, 2017.
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed (as determined by the CSU) before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may be the basis for rescinding an offer of employment and/or affect the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, the California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 23,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.