Junior Mechanical Applications Engineer
The Jr. Mechanical Applications Engineer (J.M.A.E.) lays out specialty elevator equipment for project specific field applications. He or She works with multiple departments within the company. The manufacturing department may look to the J.M.A.E to confirm specifications, standards, and changes required to make a product. When communicating with the customer base, the sales department may depend on the J.M.A.E to answer questions and to confirm technical functionality outside the realm of its knowledge. After the product has finally reached the field and is in the hands of the customer, the customer service team could look to the J.M.A.E to assist in solving technical issues.
- Responsible for orchestrating both simple and complex tasks with limited supervision.
- Participate in information gathering calls and/or meetings with clients to determine the clients' needs,
and desired outcomes. May involve job site visits, and surveying that may lead to job
specific product development.
- Present information and new ideas for review and possible implementation into new and existing
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and specifications.
- Process retrofitting projects that may require the modification of company products and equipment.
- Work with various departments such as customer service, estimating, sales, and manufacturing, and
ensure that client specifications are met.
- Provide solutions and assistance to all company departments and answer questions about the technical functionality of mechanical equipment.
- Provide technical support for mechanical products.
- Provide and confirm specifications of changes made to a product for a client.
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics a plus.
- Autodesk AutoCAD knowledge required; Autodesk Inventor a plus.
- Position requires analytical, math, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
G.A.L. was founded in 1927. We are a privately held, family-owned manufacturing company with a solid reputation for producing high-quality elevators and elevator parts.
Most of our products are manufactured at our Bronx-based 100,000 square foot facility. We utilize the latest CAD equipment and offer product training to our clients. Our B2B client base spans worldwide.
G.A.L. is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse and inclusive culture. To learn more about us, please review our website at www.gal.com.
Mon, 6 Mar 2017 08:07:41 PST